BREAKING NEWS! SUGE KNIGHT SHOT!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
MIAMI BEACH, Florida (AP) -- Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was shot in the leg early Sunday during a party hosted by Grammy-winning hip hop artist Kanye West, police said.Knight, 40, was hospitalized in good condition, police said. He was shot during a celebrity-studded party at the Shore Club, part of a celebration of the MTV Video Music Awards scheduled for Sunday night, said Miami Beach Police Officer Bobby Hernandez.Sonja Mauro, a guest at the club, said a shot in the party's VIP section rang out shortly before 1 a.m."I was in there and I heard a pop and I ran out and got trampled," she said.People attending the party began screaming and running for the doors, she said.Knight co-founded the pioneering rap label Death Row Records and hit the charts in the 1990s with West Coast stars including Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.The label struggled when Knight was sent to prison for assault and weapons violations. He was released in 2001, then served 10 more months for violating parole and striking a Hollywood nightclub valet. Relatives of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. have also accused him of involvement in his death, though police have never named Knight as a suspect.Knight continues to operate his label, now called Tha Row.

Comments