Leaving feedback questions.

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
I never bought or sold too much on ebay.
These days I am selling a lot and buying a little on discogs.

Only about half of the people who buy from me leave feedback.
Many of them have a low feedback account, and likely are casual buyers not into the culture of online buying.

My policy is, for people with a feedback count higher than mine I leave feedback shortly after receiving payment.
For people with feedback lower than me I leave feedback after receiving feedback.

What is the proper feedback leaving etiquette?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I only leave positive feedback after someone has left me positive feedback.

Negative feedback, I try not to mess with at all.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I leave more feedback on eBay but only because it does a better job at reminding you to do it.

When buying I leave it as soon as I get the ting if I remember (see above) and when selling not until it's been left by the buyer.

As for checking their feedback ratings and acting on that basis, I often only glance at the rating and rarely read through feedback unless I'm trying to drop serious coin which is very infrequently.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I always leave positive feedback for the buyer as soon as they pay. It seems to encourage them to leave me good feedback later. I'm still at 100% positive. We don't have the choice of leaving them neutral or negative so it's really a moot point even if they are terrible buyers.