weird indie hip hop records-to sell or not to sell

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i have a bunch of indie hip hop records from like 1998-2000 that i'm debating whether i should sell or not. anticon, def jux, below the surface type rarities, 12"s, 7"s, limited pressings and things like that. i think they could fetch some coin right now, but i'm not sure if they'll go up even more in value over the next 5 years or so. does anyone envision a market for this stuff in the future or should i let go now?

Comments

• if you like it, keep it.
    if you dont like it, get rid of it.
    if you want to invest, buy realestate

in 5 years you should be making decent enough money where the value of some indie hiphop records shouldnt really be your focus.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    if you like it, keep it.
    if you dont like it, get rid of it.
    if you want to invest, buy realestate

in 5 years you should be making decent enough money where the value of some indie hiphop records shouldnt really be your focus.

Good advice!

Cashi n while you can.... One of those dudes might get knocked out at the next scribble jam and then they will be worth nill!

• awallawall 673 Posts
    sell that shit. the bottom is likely to fall out of that market once people realize that the records suck.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

one would hope.

the fact of the matter is i haven't listened to these things in years, and most of them do suck. i guess that's a good sign that it's time to sell.

• yes i

• i have a bunch of indie hip hop records from like 1998-2000 that i'm debating whether i should sell or not. anticon, def jux, below the surface type rarities, 12"s, 7"s, limited pressings and things like that. i think they could fetch some coin right now, but i'm not sure if they'll go up even more in value over the next 5 years or so. does anyone envision a market for this stuff in the future or should i let go now?

Sell those junks. Some might have a track with a good beat but usually they are 100% junk. If you can make at least 20 off each FUGG IT.

• Cashi n while you can.... One of those dudes might get knocked out at the next scribble jam and then they will be worth nill!

mrpek =