Beyonce Jay Z go to Fall Out Boy concert BIZARRo

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
ok, all you need to know about this wack band is that this is the tagline for their website: "Pop punk/emo-rock band from Chicago." that, and maybe this promo shot:

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Jay mean muggin in all those pics so everybody knows he's not actually 'emo'?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Jay-Z's Lyor Cohen blueprint for runnin' (Island) Def Jam:

Lyor Cohen: sign pop-punk band -> Sum41 -> done...

Jay-Z: lookin' to sign pop-punk band -> ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn, look at Marco in the camo cap!

I never realized he was so short...

Or so chubby...

Or so sweaty.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

first Linkin Park & now this??

---

• jonny paycheck, marco, guzzo, hcrink?

• Jay-Z's Lyor Cohen blueprint for runnin' (Island) Def Jam:

Lyor Cohen: sign pop-punk band -> Sum41 -> done...

Jay-Z: lookin' to sign pop-punk band -> ?
    I think Fall Out Boy is on Island, and their last album is selling 500,000+ and Jay is a business man.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I think Fall Out Boy is on Island, and their last album is selling 500,000+ and Jay is a business man.

Then he's lookin' out for his assets and lettin' 'em know that he @ least knows who they are...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Jay is just securing his emo paper! is he looking his age or is it just the sour mug....Damn Beyonce is lookin good!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Actually ..He has that Coach look going right there. Like "Come on emo kid go in there and get me the paper!"

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    So the reason for their meeting is what?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    how tall is Jay? dude is towering over those mahfuckas

• So the reason for their meeting is what?
    Those photos.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think i made out with the tattooed chick on my birthday... but there's a lot i don't remember about that night.

• So the reason for their meeting is what?
    Those photos.
    And business man.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I don't think Jay is that tall, they are just some emo little dudes!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    i think i made out with the tattooed chick on my birthday... but there's a lot i don't remember about that night.

Lucky!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I don't think Jay is that tall, they are just some emo little dudes!

Jay is pretty tall, he's about 6' 2"

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Hey what if this is just Jigga doing the boyfriend thing?
    You know maybe Beyonce is a big fan and she was like "Come on Jay you are the boss....I wanna go backstage.....and I wann get a picture!" Jay was like "Damn...now I gotta go talk to these barley going gold emo suckas that I'm gonna drop next year...and take a photo that is gonna get ridiculed up on the uberhip soulstrut board....or else Beyonce ain't gonna let me poke it out tongiht." All boyfriends have been in this position b4...not at this magnitude..but

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Actually ..He has that Coach look going right there. Like "Come on emo kid go in there and get me the paper!"

Naw he's like "Dammmmm you a fine little shirtless white boy. Hey, I heard about a party in Williamsburg where we can grind and get freaky with any hardcore brothers making us scared. You wanna get jiggy?"

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Or so chubby...
    Or so sweaty.

So that's the thanks I get for asking Hove where he keeps his yacht so you can "accidentally" run into him when you're on "Me-Time"? Fine. Next time you're down at Baller's Pier, casually (but no, never intentionally) strolling by Jay to ask him "So what do you deem to be the highest quality amaretto almond liqueur on the market, Shawnny my good man?" you can remind yourself that you are officially x'd out of my life.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Naw he's like "Dammmmm you a fine little shirtless white boy. Hey, I heard about a party in Williamsburg where we can grind and get freaky with any hardcore brothers making us scared. You wanna get jiggy?"
    Take that ish to the Pumpster signs to the ROC thread!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Take that ish to the Pumpster signs to the ROC.COM!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you can remind yourself that you are officially x'd out of my life.

Jeez, dude, must the language of the emo poptart creep into everything you say?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Or so chubby...
    Or so sweaty.

So that's the thanks I get for asking Hove where he keeps his yacht so you can "accidentally" run into him when you're on "Me-Time"? Fine. Next time you're down at Baller's Pier, casually (but no, never intentionally) strolling by Jay to ask him "So what do you deem to be the highest quality amaretto almond liqueur on the market, Shawnny my good man?" you can remind yourself that you are officially x'd out of my life.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    So the reason for their meeting is what?
    Those photos.

No, I guess I should've read the earlier posts. The band are signed to Island.

I doubt Nelly is going to just randomly meet a band like The Gloryholes.

• ok, all you need to know about this wack band is that this is the tagline for their website:

"Pop punk/emo-rock band from Chicago."

that, and maybe this promo shot:

I know this fool all the way on the left. that dude was a staight up straight edge gang banger. He got his ass beat by a house full of frat boys when they caught his ass going out the back door with a DVD player. on the real, he's a pretty rad dude....but his band is horrible.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ...but his band is horrible.

Seriously. Now I'm not really in the know (but not in the altogether) regarding Indie Rock To-day, but when I hear "Chicago" and "indie," I generally think of labels like Touch and Go, shops like Reckless Records, and groups like Tortoise or Pelican. I was aware of this "Fall Out Boy" act being popular (or, perhaps more appropriately, well-promoted), but I hadn't actually heard their music until today, on the communal work radio station. Jesus, what passes for "hot shit" these days. It's on some "younger-cousin-wearing-your-old-jeans" thing. Third rate second generation emo. Just like when Candlebox came out with "Lucy" and you were a high schooler, thinking: "I was just starting to really hate Pearl Jam, when something even worse came along to make me long to hear them on the radio instead of 'Cumbersome.'"

And even then, all this was all pre-Scott-Stapp.

WHO WILL BE THE SCOTT STAPP OF THE NEXT EMO GENERATION? WHO WILL ASSUME THE MANTLE?

I must say, though: the "white-guy-with-wireframe-glasses = smart independent rock music" stereotype is just as faulty as the "afro on cover = mad funk braeks" stereotype. Don't believe the hype.

Over, out.

• jonny paycheck, marco, guzzo, hcrink?

WE GOT THE BAND BACK TOGETHER MAN