BONGOFF BEATOFF VOTING POLL ! (Tracks Inside-VOTING ENDS MARCH 20TH)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Hey!
Here is what the resident beatsmiths came up with for the Bongoff! Listen to all the tracks below and vote for your favorite one!
VOTING ENDS MARCH 20TH!

1) Bongo Down Productions

2) Captain Flight

3) Bongo Burger

4) Patchy

5) Huarache

Good luck to all participants and thanks!
T.N.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Props to everyone who submitted something. I tried and was less than inspired. It's not an easy track to create something original out of.

Captain Flight is doing it for me right now. It sounds like a 1998 Ruff Ryders song that was produced by Diplo in 2013. I mean that in a good way.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSS!

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I hope Thes makes good on putting these beats out. Some nice beats, but I had to go with that first beat. My head still noddin' off that schitt.

• Good stuff. I always find it interesting how different each beat is. How each person uses the sample in their own way. This was a challenge for sure.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Even though entrants and enthusiasm seem to be dwindling a little, there's still some great work.

Captain Flight gets my vote.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I am impressed!
    1- reminds me of the taste of the strut, 2- mannie fresh, 5- basement jungle wickedness.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Man, good stuff here! I dig the drum programming in #4, the vibes of 3 and 5, and the horn chop in #1, but #2 is...wow. Big time hats-off to that one. I agree with Jaysus--it reminds me of some Mannie Fresh shit, and that's a severe compliment.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Nice, guys

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great reinvention all aorund
    1 was the most polished to my ears

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Patchy for me, the poppiness and diversity throughout were winning.

Bongo Burger almost took it for the sheer jungleness.

That said, all were very good indeed.
    Props.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Captain Flight in a landslide.

• so people are still voting? Anarchy burger, hold the government.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    Huarache.

• The_non is MIA so should we finnish this ourselves?

• No disrespect to The_non, real world moves beckon. I'll take over for the interim, to keep it moving.

So how do these usually play out? PM me if you made one of the beats and I'll post the final results. Then we can post our thoughts, the gear we used, etc., if need be.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I got this Lash LaRue, I'm away from my piece of paper that says who did what. I'll do it tonight, keep your shirt on.

• Gee, thanks, Chesty Puller.