SXSW

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Tuesday night...

Started with whiskey and 45's....

Then Subkulture Patriots making up for a Paranoid Castle no-show...

Sitting today out. Back at it tomorrow...

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

About 1:30am last night, dude crashed into a Nissan dealership, damaging 18 cars as he flipped up on top of them. He then fled on foot and escaped a helicoptor search...

HarveyCanal said:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    "Hi, I'm going to be in town for SXSW - can I crash at your place?"

Horseleech said:
    "Hi, I'm going to be in town for SXSW - can I gentrify you out of your place?"

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    a Paranoid Castle no-show...

say it ain't so mane.

:talib:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    HarveyCanal said:

say it ain't so mane.

They're working their way here...slowly. 5 minutes before they were supposed to go on at a non-offical event, I texted Kirb only to find out they were still in Benson, AZ.

Wished I woulda texted him earlier in that I brought people to see them. Oh well, maybe they'll land another spot later in the week.

Herm said:

DORK KING.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Trip out. Benson's out near me. A couple days ago they did some major work on the freeway (removing some train tracks and demolishing an overpass, I believe). Traffic was re-routed causing a two hour detour on what's normally a simple straightaway. I wonder if your dude got caught up in that? Advance warnings/reminders were all over the news out here but people passing through wouldn't've known.

Waiting to see if the rumors that Daft Punk will be doing a show on the steps of the State Capitol tonight are true...

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Waiting to see if the rumors that Daft Punk will be doing a show on the steps of the State Capitol tonight are true...

Total internet troll LOLz going on there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/109286279241703/

billbradley said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Total internet troll LOLz going on there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/109286279241703/

I had first heard it would be at the French Legation, so I'm not sure what to think.

• Have you come across a Euroman (London) publication called Clash Magazine? An old friend of mine runs it and goes over every year.

SP 1200 said:
    Have you come across a Euroman (London) publication called Clash Magazine? An old friend of mine runs it and goes over every year.

Not yet.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My kid called last night to inform me that "SXSW brings all the out of town douchers to Austin, I can't wait for this shit to be over".

I then reminded her that until moving down there last year she was always one of those out of town douchers.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    HarveyCanal said:

say it ain't so mane.

They're working their way here...slowly. 5 minutes before they were supposed to go on at a non-offical event, I texted Kirb only to find out they were still in Benson, AZ.

Wished I woulda texted him earlier in that I brought people to see them. Oh well, maybe they'll land another spot later in the week.

i seen this on their facebook troll style:
    Austin, TX SXSW - March 14th @ 512 Rooftop (1am)

??

• that's some elite level trolling, hahaha

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Did anyone by chance view the James Booker documentary?

leon said:
    Did anyone by chance view the James Booker documentary?

I didn't do any of the film stuff. The SXSBoogie party was a lot of fun though.

Took a fishing trip to Padre Island on Sunday and can now hardly even remember what happened the last few days of SXSW.

I did get to see Paranoid Factor, although it was only 2 songs. The crowd at that venue was really there to see their god, Myka 9...whom I can't even begin to listen to anymore.

Randomly stumbled upon a set by A.Dd+ and it was by far the best thing I saw all week...

Brought my daughter to see Flaming Lips at Auditorium Shores. Glad she enjoyed it, because to me it was boring as fuck.

One of the kids from our afterschool program performed a song at the Screwshop anniversary BBQ and got a really good response, especially from a London label dude.

Tried to catch Diamond D spinning 45's, but since he evidently went on very late and I eventually had to leave that spot for another, Supreme LaRock amply filled the void.

For Batmon...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    willie > keith

not even close.

Then there's this as well...

Which reminds me that when I was at Javelina for a day show to see some local rapper friends of mine perform, I was hanging out at a table on the back patio when Bushwick Bill walks in...only to stroll right up next to my face (it wasn't even crowded back there) and camp out exactly there for a bit. I decided right then that even though he was basically sitting on my lap that I would be the one white rap fan at SXSW who wasn't going to jock him with a bunch of awkward praises/questions and a camera in his face. I also noticed that the shirt that he was wearing was mad dirty, yo.

• anyone catch this?