Impeach the Pres..RR?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
After all these years of hearing the sample/beat used to death, I've never seen the album that it comes from. Impeach the President--Honeydrippers?Anyone have a visual of the record?I've never seen a dj breakout doubles of that shit unless it was from a breakbeat comp.Was it only a 45? WTF.........just sayin.

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    its only on 45. officially at least.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Roy C released a 12" w/instrumental in the early 90s

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Is that real or reissue? Im not lookin to score that shit either,just wanted a visual on the real thing.

• Options
    You're in New York and you haven't come up onthis yet???? How long have ou been looking?

K.

Well, the 45 was released in the early 70s and the 12 released 20 years later by the guy who cut the OG

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I could be wrong but I believe dickhead Aaron Fuchs released that 12"... he owned or owns the masters. Back in the day he was suing people left and right just for using the snare! I'm pretty sure he caked off from LL's "Around The Way Girl" among many others.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I could be wrong but I believe dickhead Aaron Fuchs released that 12"... he owned or owns the masters. Back in the day he was suing people left and right just for using the snare! I'm pretty sure he caked off from LL's "Around The Way Girl" among many others.

Stories abound about how Fuchs would ask diggers/etc. about what breaks were popular and got a lot of burn - he then purchased the licenses/masters to do what Phill's alludin' to above: sue and make coin... No real love for the music per se, but a shrewd business move (which doesn't excuse it from bein' ruthlessly Machiavellian in the least)...

You're in New York and you haven't come up onthis yet???? How long have ou been looking?

K.

Did you read my previous post? I dont want it.
    I dont want it.I dont want it.
    R.I.F.
    I dont want it.

• Options
    Alaga AL1017 1973

B side

K in Canada.

I know there was a Tuff City 12, but this on Roy's label Three Gems w/Roy C's theme on the flip, inst of that too (and the copies I have were shipped to the shop by the man hisself)

• Yo he just wants a picture.

There it is.

You cop that one at the Goodwill, Art?

• You cop that one at the Goodwill, Art?

Nah it's not mine. Got the pic off Popsike.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    there is a boot of the 45 as well

impeach is beyond impossible to find in the ny/nj area, got 1 copy from a trade no less with a rockabilly/northern soul collecter

on sum 3rd guitar diffi cult nizz
    Found one on Harlem for $2 about a year ago. They're around.

• Options
    Yo he just wants a picture.

There it is.

That looks liek a boot, Will. Unless the pic obscured the text - looks thicker on the OG's I've seen.

K.

• I dunno. It was on POPSIKE. The most expensive on. The others looked differnet but I just said oh well. Check it out Impeach The President on POPSIKE

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

That looks liek a boot, Will. Unless the pic obscured the text - looks thicker on the OG's I've seen.

K.

There is an early issue of The Big Daddy that has a blurb describing the differences between OG funk 45's vs. the boots. I believe that the ONLY difference between the Impeach the Presidents was with the publishing and copywrite notations:

one said 'p'1973 and the other: 'c'1973

There it is.

Good lookin' out.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    what a d*&^chebag reply
    typical delay
    do yo ever get out/[aside from when your macking 2 dollars copies of impeach and working on your tuff guy act up in Harlem ]

no man, i actually never leave the house. i gets no butt dog. i'm just sitting on soulstrut waiting for zizag to say something so i can get my tuff guy on. why you got such a boner for me? be easy.

i was just sayin you can find those records around town. roy c was a big local music personality.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

There it is.

K.

Yes, this does look like a boot. I'm looking at mine (which is most def OG) and for one thing it appears there's less space between "the", "honey" and "drippers" on the original.

• Options
    I have a photographic memory and if there's any difference whatsover on a label it causes short circuits in my head. Thanks for the back up, Phill.

K.

• That pic from Popsike is the boot.

Here's the original:

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    That pic from Popsike is the boot.
    Here's the original:

$4 holler

• 33 cent in Richmond!!!

wassup delay?!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hi Tony.

that was you @ that record show? i heard about that.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    That pic from Popsike is the boot.
    Here's the original:

$4 holler

Jeez. I remember, I remember. Fucker.

(totally jealous)

• Hi Tony.

that was you @ that record show? i heard about that.

goddamn! that was at the record show. i forget which one, but it was years ago.
    you bad you bad

ps. i gave dude a dollar