Random Blah Blahs & Yadda Yaddas

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central

Your Acquaintances??? DJ Nights

It used to be exciting when a friend invited you to her DJ night. Hell, you didn???t even realize she knew her way around a turntable. But then Portlandia nailed the everyone???s-a-laptop-DJ revolution, and it occurred to you that watching your friends spin (or, you know, shuffle around with headphones on while iTunes does all the work) was becoming more of an obligation than a pleasure. And now, whenever a Facebook invite with the words ???DJ set??? in it pops up, you just hit ???decline.???

ELO
-Got Joints?
- Dont Sleep?
- Wack?

Do I cop a greatest hits?
Is there ONE album I kinda need?

What kinda Flashlight do u have?

I dont own one but i was thinkin bout coppin a sexy bullshit modern one w/ bells and whistles to be on some consumer shit.
That shit that u shake and the batteries recharge......whateves..I dont live in a house where the power goes out and i have to look for some extra mittens in the basement.

Do you rock a decanter?
-Dont care or hells yeah?

Are there mixed tapes and album cuts appearences of The Western Conference? Is there too little material or a good small handful?

Comments

• i heard some elo song at the record store the other day and it was dope..i only know thier big radio hits, none of which do much for me..someone school us on elo

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    i heard some elo song at the record store the other day and it was dope...someone school us on elo

I heard the hits growing up and got more doses in college w/ the Classic Rock demographic, but I never met an E.L.O. cheerleader.

I like some Xanadu - fuck that!!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Maglites are the only real flashlights. The rest are just toys.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    batmon said:

Do you rock a decanter?
    -Dont care or hells yeah?

absolutely

this one is official repress of one in a set commissioned by Chopin, to give to Georges Sand. I like it because it's obviously out of place in my manchild kitchen (coffee explosion everywhere this morning, I wiped up the horizontal surfaces--upon reviewing this pic I see It got all over the refrigerator too. Not sure I'll clean that.).
    A decanter seems almost necessary. Aerate, whatever. Get a masculine haute cuisine beaker-looking one, a fancy one like mine, a huge one for six bottles' worth, whatever. But I think you need one.
    I also have corny beer steins and a glass boot for Chad'n'them.

so yeah: I appreciate them, so you probably don't want one haha

I own one already

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    cool

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    batmon said:

ELO

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    batmon said:
    ELO

ELO - Mr. Blue Sky is some triumphant shit. They never scaled that height again for my money. Wifey will rock "The Best Of..." in her ride from time to time but nothing else rattles my cage.

I will not skip "Sweetalkin' Woman", I'll give them that too.

Decanter.

Hells yeah. Lets a good red breathe. Can be a twat to clean, doe. I mean, how can man get that tannin off the bottom when there's a narrow neck to negotiate? I see you stressin' - Imma let you into a decanter big-dog secret right now...

Flashlight

You know, the flashlight game is mad developed, like audiophiles. I was on that drug for a short while, while I got my push bike lights looking right, but I was able to walk away without the need for ever-higher highs. Fug a Maglite. You need to be talking multiple CREE LEDs with big rechargeable batteries. Some lightsaber shit. You can get good value from China on ebay but don't get 'em wet despite what the ad may say.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    multiple LEDs
    Yes.

with big rechargeable batteries
    Wank. Man up and get a piece with the dynamo crank. Play your cards right and you can probably even find one with a built-in radio. When that blackout hits and Maglite Man who forgot to re-charge/refresh his shit is scrambling around frantically poaching batteries from lesser-used appliances and obscure remote controls, with just a few flicks of the wrist you can push up on his Betty and confidently offer mellow lighting and Bobby Caldwell on AM at low volume. How can you lose?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    james said:
    Man who forgot to re-charge/refresh his shit

Multiple batteries in multiple chargers in multiple locations. Bikes stashed all over. When there is trouble on the roads around where I work, it can take several hours to move 100 yards. Seriously, shit is soul-destroying. I can get on a bike around the back of work and do some as-the-crow-flies shit and be home in 40 minutes, tops.

I take my charging shit very seriously indeed. YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?

Magic Balls - note to self

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I've been out of the flashlight game for some time, LEDs weren't an option back then. It depends on your needs I suppose. If you're going to run thru the woods and you're afraid of running into a bear, then LEDs are the way to go. If, like me, you're digging around a mess of wires behind an equipment rack, the maglite's adjustable beam is really handy. The big maglite also seconds as a baton, as any cop will tell you.