Fryin' French Fries Samples

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Hey My Producer Dawgs,

Am I alone, or does anybody else out there feel those samples that sound like french fries frying in the background? I loves me some crackly samples, especially breaks. My "Don't Make Hurtin' Me a Habit" 45 break, for example, is nasty, which it makes sound even more gritty than the break itself. All my frying french fries loop cats holla!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I likes me some crackles in the mix.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    P, there's lurkers here, don't be namin breaks and stuff dog.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    P, there's lurkers here, don't be namin breaks and stuff dog.

Yo T***a,

I don't think that one's a hard one to find. My "Schoolboy Crush" 45 is pretty beat too, but it sounds dope that way. My Mack OST has that french fry action goin' too. I'm sure more of them will come to mind.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Aspirin, maybe you could try to look out for that one:

Fran??ois Jeanneau ( Disco.doc ) _ "Une bien curieuse plan??te" (Palm 22, 1975)

I've only seen it once, and I bought it, so...

PS/ Bernard Lubat is on the drums!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I dig that crackle - also like when a sample is slightly warped.

Theres also a track on the album Since I Left You by The Avalanches called Tonight May Have To Last Me All My Life - You can hear the record coming up to speed at the start of every loop. That sounds kool, but has a tendacy to make you feel seasick after a while.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i enjoy some nice crackle in a sample (no digi-crackle)

[lildude] unfortunately, mine have a tendency to skip as well. [/lildude]

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    [quoteAm I alone, or does anybody else out there feel those samples that sound like french fries frying in the background?
    I like it. It gives it that sound.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    anybody else feeling tracks that sounds like you forgot that you were cooking something - and come back to the kitchen one hour later?

example

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I always liked how the Bomb Squad deliberately used that sound on "THE B-SIDE WINS AGAIN"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    there's a fine line between "accent to the funk" crackle, and "frying pan as an instrument" inaudile, crackle. My apres ski has crossed this line.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    there's a fine line between "accent to the funk" crackle, and "frying pan as an instrument" inaudile, crackle. My apres ski has crossed this line.
    No doubt.