THE NEXT BEATOFF-POLL OF SUGGESTIONS!!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
Now that the beatoff winner is chosen, what would you suggest be the next beat sample source? The winner of the beatoff will choose, but I still think suggestions are good. See the poll suggestions or suggest songs in this thread!
Remember:
1) Should be cheap/easy to get
2) Should be a classique breaks/sample track
3) Would be nice to have a lotta stuff in it, as well as a drumbreak
4) Not too raer or obscure
5) Some Soulstrut legendary status would be cool but not mandatory

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    CYMANDOFF-Cymande-Bra

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'd love to see/hear something completely not funky, turned into something EXTREMELY funked up or just straight rockin'

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Johnny The Foxoff

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Gary Numan - Films

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Okem said:
    Gary Numan - Films

Yep, this is the vibe i think i am going to pick for the next beatoff. Something a bit different.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Okem said:
    Gary Numan - Films

Great suggestion.

• bassie said:
    Okem said:
    Gary Numan - Films

Great suggestion.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    NUMANOFF!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    bassie said:
    Okem said:
    Gary Numan - Films

Great suggestion.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hmmm.....
    My only thing about a Numanoff is I dunno if it's gonna light a match under people's asses to FINISH beatz. But I like it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Hahah on the Lyn title!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    While I like the thinking behind the Numan idea, what I'd really like to hear is what some of you fools would do with Apache.

On one level, Apache is as played-out as it gets. We've all heard it used and used again in umpteen different contexts. Yet it remains one of the cornerstones - if not the cornerstone - of hip-hop music. The track itself can still rock a party, and that break can set it off in all manner of situations.

It's been hugely entertaining listening to all the different ways that the participants in these beat-offs have approached the source material, and I reckon that tasking everyone to flip a track as familiar as Apache with the same level of creativity is as good a challenge as any.

DocMcCoy said:
    While I like the thinking behind the Numan idea, what I'd really like to hear is what some of you fools would do with Apache.

On one level, Apache is as played-out as it gets. We've all heard it used and used again in umpteen different contexts. Yet it remains one of the cornerstones - if not the cornerstone - of hip-hop music. The track itself can still rock a party, and that break can set it off in all manner of situations.

It's been hugely entertaining listening to all the different ways that the participants in these beat-offs have approached the source material, and I reckon that tasking everyone to flip a track as familiar as Apache with the same level of creativity is as good a challenge as any.

I kinda agree with this sentiment too. It'd be interesting to see how far off the map apache could be taken.

• Is that the choice? It's your call Jammy.

I've got a short amount of time before my last semester and I want to see if I can participate this round.

F**k it. Let's roll with 'Apache'! And now over to you, The_Non...

So is that 'Apachoff' or 'Incredible Bongoff' ?