The debate to end all debates: Houseshoes w/ or w/o socks???

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
With socks, preferably white, new and cotton... for houseshoe longevity

Comments

• Fuck the shoes, I just wear socks - it's good for your feet to walk unshod.

Cuts down on the need to mop/sweep also.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I can't disagree with that.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Shoes in my house lead to a foot in your ass
    :grin:
    Apparently that guy is "grinning" but he looks mad to me. :lol:

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Funny you should ask this 2 days after Christmas.
    My natural instinct is to take shoes and socks off even before I take of my coat/jacket. My feet feel colder when they are constrained in a sock or under a duvet in bed, hence my bare legs and feet are usually out.
    However, I moved into a house last year which has an extremely cold ground floor in the winter time and I need to wear house shoes. If they are flip flops (beach sandals): no socks! However, wifey gave me some closed leather house shoes for Christmas, the old man's kind that go with a house coat and pipe, and I am concerned about putting bare feet in them as I imagine them getting smelly in no time. So, socks it is for the moment, until I quietly swap back to flip flops.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn, you all some precious fucks.
    Are you carpets antique, your wooden slats too fabulous, your rugs a tad histrionic?
    GTFOOHWTBS

Dirt is good for your immune system. Tramp that shit through your house,

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    most of the time it's just flip-flops, but if it's cold I go for these

no need for socks, unless it's really cold out there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    no socks

shit is like tevas with socks takin pictures of the empire state building steez

but i understand socks with athletic slides

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Socks optional, houseshoes compulsory unless you are a guest, then socks are OK.

Real guests bring dey own houseshoes...

• i always wear flip-flops in the house with socks, not wearing flip-flops or anything on my feet kills, with hardwood floors, i can usually go a few hours on bare feet but eventually i'll need something.

i have a few "new in the box" kicks that i bust out and wear around the house every so often, but that pretty rare as well..i could really care less if people wear shoes in my house, unless its raining/snowing and any other shit going on thats going to dirty up my floor...sweeping is one thing, mopping up after someone is sumthin completely different..

i will NEVER been seen in public wearing socks and flip-flops though...thats a no! no!
    imho

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    anybody rock these around the house?

if you do, you should be banned from Soulstrut, and society.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Houseshoes scream welfare recipient.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    House shoes scream pussy-whipped

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I come from a house-shoes and slippers country/culture - my Dad has left slippers at my house so he doesn't have to go without when he's over lol
    I don't like to take off one pair of shoes only to put on another pair. In the house, it's socks in the cold season, bare in the warm.

• ppadilha said:
    anybody rock these around the house?

if you do, you should be banned from Soulstrut, and society.

I ain't going nowheres!

• man....i dont understand how people can wear those socks, the thought of sumthin between my toes with shoes on or off...damn near drives me batty....mind you they looky comfy as hell and all snug around the toes...i dont think i could do it.

i tried to wear thong flip-flips once and threw them away after trying to wear them for a few days, they killed my toes, up until three years ago i havent wore sandals/flipflops for over 25 yrs or so, when we go to the beach i wear my kicks take em off once we hit the sand.