You have to understand... (Kijiji-R)

3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
I listed an amp for sale on the local Kijiji for $600 OBO. Here's an exchange from October 31st:

Hey there.. the vox ac15c1 amp in mint condition goes for $500 on the used market.. gear music sells them at 599 and will take cash no tax.. anyways not trying to tell you whats up but its $500 or with you to BC guaranteed.. if youre willing to take $500 please let me know im in Oakville and can pick it up asap.. thx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was actually checking the classifieds myself for some time (a good 3-4 months) looking for a deal on a used one so I just pulled the trigger on a new one. Best condition one I could find at best price was $450 but even then it still had scratches all over the tolex. Also, who knows how much use it saw, if it was gigged with, etc. It was a few years old too and had seen no service. This is basically a new unit with only 20-25 hours use, if that. It's PERFECT! I actually looked at the amps at Gear last month and this amp was actually $625 plus tax (please check as your figure is wrong). I tried making a cash deal/no tax with them once as well on a Gretsch and it was a no-go... to be fair maybe I spoke to the wrong person though. Anyways, I appreciate the offer but will have to decline as I'm not willing to take an almost $200 hit here. Thanks for your interest though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont know what to tell you.. if you buy new and sell you take a hit.. just how she goes. Like when you buy a car and people say its off the lot and thats almost half the cost right there... You have to understand It doesn't matter if you say 20 hours or 2000, no one can ever really trust your word... But I do, and you seem genuine and I understand what it must be like getting everything together for a big move... So I was just trying to help u out here.. really, u should take me advice youre about to be kilked with lowball offers and ridiculous trades... only to either eventually sell for 500 which I wont give you anymore or take it with you.. my offer is good until tomorrow 5pm and ilk be grabbing somethig else. no one is crazy enough to get a tax break only on used gear no matter how mint it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say I didn't respond to the above. Yesterday I relisted the amp but for $575 OBO. This joker decides to get back in touch...

Hey.. my $500 still stands.. i know the amo is mint.. but you have to understand $500 is simply the only price these go for used... can pick up asap.. thx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone has already offered $550, so if no one bites at $575 then he'll be getting it. Thanks for your interest though.

Cheers!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump on it whike u have the chance... although a lot of people promise a lot of things on kijiji.. if hes legit dont hold out for 25 bucks...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck off!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay no prob

Comments