"On the Corner" question

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
just put on this record after not really checking it since the mid-90's and it's just so heavy.

my question is this:

who plays the first guitar solo on the first side (i found a source that says john mclaughlin but i don't think that it his playing there), i think the segment is called "new york girl' and is there a full take available and if so can someone hook a guy up with an mp3?

Comments

• According to the Box Set, that was edited from the full session on June 1st 1972, and John was the only guitarist in the studio on that session. He was replaced on June 6th by "Dave Creamer" for the next session, who in all my years of collecting Miles, i've never heard of (?)

• thanks for the info. who is david creamer?

• Guitar player from San Fran evidently, played on a couple of sessions for OTC, still playing today. He's googleable and teaches as well.

• looking at dates, appears that is JL and poss his last session with Miles on 1st June 72, Dave Creamer played on the 6th June session in 'One and One' and 'Helen Butte', then Miles had no guitarist in the studio until November when Reggie Lucas joined as a permanent member.