Letters to things and people

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone care about this anymore? Do I?Dear Connecticut,Do I really live in you? Not emotionally, on the live on tip, but like as in your borders. Like when I show my license and it says CT it's not simply because I went to high school there and now live in Washington, but because this is my home. Will this be as temporary as I hope? Will I get used to driving again? Will my dogs begin to recognize me as a person who lives here, not just someone new to pant on? Will I successfully avoid making new friends so as to keep here static or will I give in and try to enjoy myself with other people? Are there other people here to enjoy myself with? Really, though, will I ever get a job? And when will my insane parents start acting insane again, as now they're only compassionate and kind. I know I've only been here a few days (though my things have been here longer), but it's not so bad and I don't know why to think of that.SchnipperDear Young Jeezy,I fronted on you until yesterday, driving home from the train station, stuck in traffic in my grandmother's car, I heard you say "I'm emotional; I love my glock" and I just gave in. I have listened to this song seven times so far today, I expect to at least double that. Good job!SchnipperDear Mustache,Should I shave you off? This is by far the longest you've ever been. Not that I've had much of a mustache ever before. Why did I not shave you when I shaved that beard? What compels me to have a mustache once a year? I think it is just the thumb+forefinger stroke that gets me. I love that shitSchnipperDear Gish Jen,I finished your book this morning, then I read the NY Times review of it. The guy didn't like it. I had similar feelings towards the end of the book, when so many things happened at once in such a still and gentlely complex book, but he just hated it. That isn't fair, don't believe him. I wonder, though, why is it so difficult to let a book just lilt to where it belongs in the end? It got there, just with fifty pages of gruff action I'm not sure was necessary. Either way, you are very talented. Remember when you read in Boston my senior year of high school? I was there. You had a broken arm.SchnipperDear S** S***,What's the deal? I liked going home with you last week, why didn't you call me back when I was in the city a few days later? You have such long hair. There are lots of things I like and don't about you, but it really just comes down to your hair. It's so long.SchnipperDear Jacob Long/Earthen Sea,It was nice to tour with you, even if only for a little, and even if it was with Jeff, who is more neurotic than any Jew I've ever met. Even if he is a Jew, too. Next level neuroses. I digress, though. I didn't expect to like what you were doing because we haven't listened to similar things in some time, and you seem to have lived in a cave of minimal drone for the last two years, but this was perfect. I don't know how you make so much wonderful things happen with two or three pedals and a garage sale guitar, but it's so pretty to listen to! Robert Fripp would be proud, I promise. If you could shower more regular, though, that would be great. I know you've been driving around without a home for some time now, but still. It's kind of gross. Good luck in Houston for the time being. I know, you know, how you feel.Schnipper

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    there was one last week! imitation...greatest...flattery, you know the deal.
    people care. this is a good thing you started.

• there was one last week! imitation...greatest...flattery, you know the deal.
    people care. this is a good thing you started.

Thanks! My b, I've been away from the computer lately

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Dear ex-landlord Peter Raskin,

You're a true scumbag, and you know it. If kicking us out of your building to meet your own needs wasn't enough, did suing us for rent we didn't owe do it for you? And somehow, you won. We actually have to pay you rent for time when we were not on lease, and not living in your apartment. I am totally amazed at how backwards this whole situation is, but trust me, you'll get shat on.

Dear turntables,

I know I know, it's been WAY TOO LONG. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'm getting there...

Dear S****,

Love living with you, and being with you. Things are going great, aren't they? I just need you to be patient with me and everything will line up, I promise.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dear Records,

I haven't f**ked with you for like a month and a half, which is a really long time for me. But earlier this week, I cleared about fifty LPs off my shelves which is always liberating, then I officially reentered the game by copping a copy of the Glass House self-titled LP in Invictus. Next week, I am swooping down to Atlanta, so tell all your little manses down there that they better hold you tight. Basically, what I am trying to say is that it's about to be on again. The season of the Young Regatta is upon us.

f_r

• Dear Schnipper,
    What up man! We miss you down in DC. I feel you on the job / living at home tip. Shit sucks. It took me more than a year to find a job (yep, I FINALLY got one) and now I can FINALLY start looking for a place (I think I found one). It will happen dude.
    Stay up!
    Marc

Dear Apartment in Mt Pleasent,
    You are not that nice, but damn you are cheap and close to work and other nice things. I think I will take you.
    Marc

Dear Girl I am going to see this afternoon for the first time in years,
    This will be fun. I always thought your were chill in highschool, but you never really hung out. I hope you are not too smart for me with your Oxford and London School of Economics degree, along with your fancy French cooking school degree, but I won't be surprised if you are.
    we will see.
    Marc

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Dear New Shelf Unit from Office Depot,

Im so glad I discovered you, and I cant wait to open and build you tonight. I am so far away from hell, I mean Ikea, and I cant get an expedit, and my records are so sad they live in crates. Dont worry though, they will be very nice and happy when you snuggle with them at night.

Love and Kisses,

chr*s

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Dear,
    Guy in my office building who never washes his hands when he uses the bathroom.

You look so unhappy and so angry. It might be because no one wants to be within 5 feet of you. All of this could change. Your whole life could take a turn for the better.

Just a simple suggestion, wash your hands, you dirty bastard! Soap, water, and paper towel thats it.

Thanks
    Alex

• Dear Credit Card,

I thought you were my best friend. Whenever I needed some time alone, you took me to the miniature golf course for 5.00 and made me icecream. Sometimes, you showered me with raers from downtown. You pull through for me. You are shiny from the grease I got on you from lunch, which makes you look special and angelic. Deep inside though, I know you hate me and want to steal. My soul is fair game for you if it counts as intrest payment collateral. You are the devil. You lull my sometimes slow-witted self into believing you can solve my problems. You drown me in german wine poisons. You are not very nice, but you fit well in my wallet and have my name on you. You will stay for a while.

• Dear Skateboard:

Thanks for completely ruining my life. Because of you I have become a cynical bastard that has very little social skills when it comes to wanting to meet new people. Because of you i always think everything is played out and wack because we did that shit back when it wasn't cool to do so. Now that it's cool, I don't do it anymore and hate whoever that thinks they are the next trendsetter. Also, thanks for making my knees and shoulders nice and busted. Because of you, I've been jumped many times by different crews because I was skating you in the wrong part of town or territory.

Basically, I wish I never met you, so go to hell.

sincerely,

kg

Dear Skateboard:

Okay, I take everything back that I just said. I was being harsh. don't hate me. Because of you I have been introduced to many styles of culture. You have allowed me to have a bigger threshold to pain than ever. Because of you I have met some incredible people through travelling and have had the best sessions with you and all my friends as well. Even when you slip out from under my feet, you make me try again which has in turn tought me perserverance in life. Because of you, I never had to go through phases to fit in with any crew because what I did was what I did. I was accepted no matter what. Because of you, you have made me what I am today....

A Cynical Bastard, and I love it.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Dear Brother,
    Happy Birthday! Hope you have a nice time celebrating Grampa's Birthday...

Dear Grampa,
    Happy Birthday to you, too! Stay healthy, i wish i could've come over.

Dear Ayres,
    your Disco Mix is (still) the Bomb! Alone for the last Track...

Dear Hiphopvinyl.de,
    please Hurry and send my Order asap. I want my Eddie Kendricks.