unique and sweet shit for your girl's birthday

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Got a b-day coming up for the litle lady and I always get dogged because I'm not a mind reader. Any ideas on special gifts or gestures?Stipulations:1.) No played out shit. Flowers, go out to eat = played.2.) I'm poor. Like my credit card is about to start burning up here real quick. So it has to be low cost.Gifts are cool... here's kinda what I was thinking about as an example - I was gonna get some digital photos printed up of me and my kids and maybe a pic of me and her or something and put in a frame. Thoughtful yet inexpensive. Things along those type of lines.Any previous successes? Clever ideas?

Comments

• Day spa gift certificate.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You should hand make her a "Book of Coupons" that she can redeem at any time, like "One Coupon For A Back Rub" and "One Coupon For A Picnic In The Park" and whatever else she might like. You should do this in addition to getting her a real gift that you spend some coin on, but it also will knock her socks off. You write, right? Then you can make it all fancy looking and shit. Trust me, she'll love it.

But also spend some money and get her something nice as well. Trip to the spa or something, plus a nice dinner.

• I hear Reynaldo has some new auctions up.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Day spa gift certificate.

This one is really, really good.

I hear Reynaldo has some new auctions up.

This one is really, really funny.

My girl would kick me in the fucking balls if I got her a record of any type or price. :P

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Don't sleep. I bet she would dig this:

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Don't sleep. I bet she would dig this:

Haaaaa.... Rey, I wouldn't bid on your auctions anyway 'cause you're already

Hopefully you have a better grasp on inflation and compounding interest, though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You should hand make her a "Book of Coupons" that she can redeem at any time, like "One Coupon For A Back Rub" and "One Coupon For A Picnic In The Park" and whatever else she might like. You should do this in addition to getting her a real gift that you spend some coin on, but it also will knock her socks off. You write, right? Then you can make it all fancy looking and shit. Trust me, she'll love it.

But also spend some money and get her something nice as well. Trip to the spa or something, plus a nice dinner.

This is realness.

For our anniversary I told my wife we were going out of town. I took her to the Queen Mary overnight (woo hoo right? /sarcasm) but the next day we took a boat to Catalina and stayed the weekend.

Point being - out of town trip. Cheap bed & breakfast (that was another time) or just drive somewhere and have a picnic. It doesn't have to be material it just has to be from the heart.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I took my girl to Disneyland, and bought her a Shag limited edition t-shirt with elephants.

- spidey

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Leave some of those coupons blank so she can write what she wants to do on them.

Wake her up with breakfast in bed and a single flower of her favourite type / colour.

Take her for a picnic somewhere real nice.

Make her a collage from photos and some poetry.

As long as its personal, genuine and has meaning, she'll love it.

OOH OOH >>>>> A MIX TAPE!!!!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i dunno, the coupon idea is pretty played. Kinda reminds me of a bootleg mothers day gift.

One time a friend of mine wrote down everything he liked about his girl on little folded strips of paper and gave it to her in a really nice silver box. He said for her to take one out everytime she felt bad about herself.

It worked good. This was like highschool though.

Best advice is to figure out what she likes or what shes into and get her that. Handbags are usually pretty safe too.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    i dunno, the coupon idea is pretty played. Kinda reminds me of a bootleg mothers day gift.

yeah, thats what came to my mind too.

A ticket that reads:
    "Good for one Vacuuming of the House"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Best advice is to figure out what she likes or what shes into and get her that. Handbags are usually pretty safe too.

yeah cosign on this...my girlfriend loves clothes, but never wants to throw down money on out of the ordinary type shit, she just conserves money and buys boring things she can wear to work...so for her birthday a couple months ago i went to a couple "boutique" type spots and just talked with the girl behind the counter and got my girlie a bunch of ill clothes, handbag, sunglasses...she was mad surprised, and it definately "paid off" if you smell me on that one...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

One time a friend of mine wrote down everything he liked about his girl on little folded strips of paper and gave it to her in a really nice silver box. He said for her to take one out everytime she felt bad about herself.

i must have skipped over this...THIS IS FUCKING SMOOTH, can someone say christmas present...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Yo, this is the greatest idea! Really--records for your girl? What genius! If she doesn't like them, she can always give them to you. It's a win-win situation.

You fools think I'm joking, but when my better half gets a present it's always an LP and she doesn't even like music so I always get the record. I wish I dated Josh.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• It's only fitting that this be my first post, but my boys girlfriend put me onto this stuff:
    http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6704&PRODUCT_ID=PROD304

Shit went over magnificently with my girl (I took all of the credit of course.) Then I got to give her a massage with it...then she tasted sweeter than a plate of yams...then...then...then

Origins =

• Once I serenaded a girlfriend for her birthday, I played and sang a couple of songs that were meaningful to us on the acoustic guitar. She got teary.

Best gifts I've gotten: My GP3 and Iriver.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Dig up some old photos of the two of you. Something she may have forgotten and get it framed. Always better than anything materialistic.