THE NEXT BEATOFF-POLL OF SUGGESTIONS!!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Now that the beats are in and I'm arranging them, what should be the next beat sample source? The winner of the beatoff will choose, but I still think suggestions are good. See the poll suggestions or suggest songs!
Remember:
1) Should be cheap/easy to get
2) Should be a classique breaks/sample track
3) Would be nice to have a lotta stuff in it, as well as a drumbreak
4) Not too raer or obscure

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Again, any other selections from the collective genius of Soulstrut might help the winner decide what track to choose....

• what about ike's version of "walk on by", seems to fit the bill. its a huge canvass for people to pull stuff from and topic of recent discusion/rediscovery from the soulstrut 100..i guess we might call it a "walk off"

crabmongerfunk said:
    what about ike's version of "walk on by", seems to fit the bill. its a huge canvass for people to pull stuff from and topic of recent discusion/rediscovery from the soulstrut 100..i guess we might call it a "walk off"
    WALKONOFF
    Problem is no drumbreakz that I recall. Some drum hits I guess, but no breakz. It's actually a great idea though. I thought there'd be more support for some JB classique material, but I guess people are thinking everything's been done widdem. I disagree, but we shall see!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Really, my vote would be "Kissing My Love," but the choices already in the poll are good ones.

• not cheap for the og, but how bout sexy coffee pot?
    lots to work with

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    "Long Red' would be great. The break can be chopped or looped, and there's plenty to chop up in the song.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ima go with deodato, but thats because im still missing e few of these records, like nautilus.. daamn haha

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ok, can i change that to champ.. oops too late now ha

• May I suggest God Made Me Funky by The Headhunters.
    Classic breakbeat, bassline, nice and open, horn stabs etc.

• vinylstalker said:
    May I suggest God Made Me Funky by The Headhunters.

Yeah I suggested that last time around. It'd be nice to use something with a little more room in it, just to see how people approach it.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    vinylstalker said:
    May I suggest God Made Me Funky by The Headhunters.

Yeah I suggested that last time around. It'd be nice to use something with a little more room in it, just to see how people approach it.

^^ yes !!! good idea.

I think Deodato and The Champ would have amazing results based on the talent on here...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What was so great about the Mardi one is it grew out of a discussion we were having.
    I think the next one should:
    1) Be a song that is a hot topic around here.
    2) In the soulstrut 100.

Given that Walk On By and Think both work.

I say this only as a listener, not as a beat maker.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    It would bend the rules a little but I vote for Hot Buttered Soul the LP. With all the different styles cats here rock I think it would come out incredible. Lord knows there's more than enough to sample on that record.