"Looking At The Front Door"/"So Good Together" sample

IndianaCornikovaIndianaCornikova 13 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
I apologize if this mystery has been solved, but a quick google of the topic came up close but no cigar...

So a few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to catch Large Professor doing an all 45 set. During the set, he played the elusive "come on baby nah nah nah nah nah" sample from "Looking at the Front Door." I remember this one from years ago as being one that even Soulman could never figure out. The song also featured the sample to Main Source's "Large Professor."

It turns out the song is "So Good Together" originally done by Andy Kim, but when I youtubed the Andy Kim version, it sounded a bit different. Any ideas as to who did the Main Source version?

Again, my apologies if this is now common knowledge, but check the video around 4:20 (but the whole damn set is great!)...

Comments

• Scotty!

I remember this being discussed here at some point. I feel like Kon may have had the answer, but maybe not. This is all I found.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/46756/#661965

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I know the Kenny Lazarus version is the main loop for the Large Professor track, but I can't remember if the come on baby na na na part is also part of that version.

• stratasphere said:
    I know the Kenny Lazarus version is the main loop for the Large Professor track, but I can't remember if the come on baby na na na part is also part of that version.

So I heard a snippet of the Ken Lazarus version, and that is indeed it. Mystery solved. Thank you for your input, stratasphere!