wow..I just felt an earthquake for the first time

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Happened not too long ago in SC...It was nothing..but this is the first time I have ever felt the earth fucking shaking.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the earth shakes everyday when i line up in some puccini

• oh..so it was just you

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    most likely

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Since I've been living in Japan, I've felt way over 20 earthquakes... maybe 30+... there were two-three BIG ones (no homo)...

I was in a record store on Saturday a few weeks ago when I felt the biggest earthquake in Tokyo for 20 years... I was listening to a OST, then the needle cold jumped over the record. I thought I was buggin and might have knocked it (Japan is mad narrow in the stores)... then the store lady was lookin' at me bugged... so I thought damn, and I took off the headphones and apologized, then I felt the huge shaking in the room, i realized she was just petrified. records were shaking, speakers were moving.... i kept trying to let her know it was ok, and I was on the 2nd floor... my school is on the 5th!! I heard it was crazy up there. Anyhow, I was in the midst of finding a new secret squirrel jawn... (#6 in my auction), so that's kinda a dope story for that record...

it's scary sometimes out here though, with warning about the BIG ONE going to hit, people get EDGY when earthquakes happen. Sometimes, if I'm teaching, the students will bug out. i just accept if I go out like that, it's my fate!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Damn...

I've always wondered what this feels like. Not that I would like to go through one.

Anyone been through some major stuff like this?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Shit ain't nothing compared to 1989 in the Bay Area. Shit was off the hook! Fallen bridge sections, fires, people being crushed, etc. It was madness.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Shit ain't nothing compared to 1989 in the Bay Area. Shit was off the hook! Fallen bridge sections, fires, people being crushed, etc. It was madness.