Adventures In The Land Of Chud

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
One of my boys has started a blog to document an experiment he's undertaking into the more prosaic end of This Thing Of Ours. He's a pretty good writer, so it might be worth following.

Comments

• Ta for the link, interesting idea. I have that 'these are worth at least ??40!' conversation with my wife all the time, to justify another dip into a charity shop, so nice to see if they actually are.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yep cheers for the link - I'm deriving pleasure from the titles he's listing as pick ups before he even gets to the selling stage. As someone who gave up pretending he would ever grip and flip a single thing he picked up a few years ago I'm intrigued to see how he gets on,.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Junior said:
    gave up pretending he would ever grip and flip a single thing

Please have a word with my dad, AKA Hordak The Hoarder of All Ting Innit Blud

Dad was coming home from a car boot with more than he took. Airfix Galleon kits (perhaps 95% of parts there) and dem. Talmbout "Worth loads, these will be...."

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Junior said:
    gave up pretending he would ever grip and flip a single thing

Please have a word with my dad, AKA Hordak The Hoarder of All Ting Innit Blud

Dad was coming home from a car boot with more than he took. Airfix Galleon kits (perhaps 95% of parts there) and dem. Talmbout "Worth loads, these will be...."

I think Jimster Snr and I should have a word about trades. We have a spare room that is floor to ceiling objects that will be taken to a bootie/put on ebay anyday now including crates of records, three generations of consoles and games, 1000+ dvds, children's toys, etc......... Mind you, it's amazing how liberated you can feel when you drop the pretence of actually intending to sell anything you buy.