Take Time to Live...and Live Well!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,

Lately, with a lot of death and tragedies taking place, it has reinforced in me a commitment to pursue the highest quality-of-life possible. As an achievement-oriented person, in my past, I have been too focused upon striving for success to the relative neglect of personal well-being and quality-of-life; however, with aging, seeing loved ones, classmates, etc. pass away, it has made my own eventual mortality more salient. With all of this said, from an old head, please make it a priority to ensure your well-being, enjoy your life, and savor each and every precious moment we're granted upon this earth. Don't sweat the small stuff, and most importantly, I wish all of you good tidings and life richly lived.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• That post is nice and true, sometimes it takes tragedies and loss from those around me to remember that life is but a moment. That I need to tell the ones close to me I love them and create memories with family and friends because you never know what tomorrow brings.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Very nice post, Stacks. Like I just mentioned in another thread in a less kindly way, folks living in this wretched society need to go back to the drawing board in order to emerge with a better plan for life. Allowing yourself to be jerked to and fro by your criminal overlords just isn't going to cut it anymore. We need even more critical thinking, more creativity, and ultimately more viability as what we are collectively doing today basically sucks. You don't have to belong to the mindless herd no matter how cute their trivial props makes them appear. As salty as I always sound, I maintain confidence in the human ability to adapt for the better. And now is definitely a good time for us to be thinking about how to put our adaptation ability to work. In other words...live, don't serve.

• TRUTHS!

Thanks Stacks, I try to keep this in the back of my mind at all times. Well wishes to you and yours!

The preciousness of life has become more and more clear as of late, its a fucked up world out there.

• Good morning and peace be with you to everyone. I agree and I think I see the same point, however; my reaction is different. For example:

HarveyCanal said:
    In other words...live, don't serve.

I might say, "to serve, not to be served."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Stacks....being even closer to the finish line than you I appreciate this thread. And while there are plenty of things on this earth to be concerned about I am convinced the #1 killer of humans is stress. It's sad to see 20 and 30 something year old folks who are stressed the fuck out. People who don't smoke, drink or eat unhealthy foods being killed from the inside out by stress that is breaking down their natural immune systems. Mellow out, look for the silver lining in life, enjoy your friends and family. I have seen it way too often, folks being stressed out because of what should be insignificant things, evolving into serious illness. As you said P....."don't sweat the small stuff"....and thanks for sharing your positive thoughts.