Bubba's Speech

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Impressive to say the least.

Very few dudes out there can get on stage and talk for almost 50 minutes and nail it like he can.

I'm not sure what I was more surprised by. His ability to talk better about the Bush's (Or even mention them at all) than anyone from the RNC in Tampa. Or the way he broke it down and actually talked about the issues.

Quotables for dayz...

Comments

• Were you really surprised? Dude's a speech-making machine.

Far better orator than Obama, imo. Or just about anyone else for that matter.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He used to ramble-on quite a bit back in the day. Given this condensed space he can maximize.

• i don't think most Americans can even BEGIN to grasp how much the REST of the world liked big willy. it was like watching billy joel break up with christy brinkley. hindsight and all that i suppose.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i don't think most Americans can even BEGIN to grasp how much the REST of the world liked big willy. it was like watching billy joel break up with christy brinkley. hindsight and all that i suppose.

Clinton was the Billy Joel of Presidents?

b/w

Dude can make a speech

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He is so greasy to me, so creepy.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    bassie said:

Clinton was the Faux Rillz of presidents?

I got no snappy comeback. Comparing the two hardly computes.

• bassie said:

I don't get that impression at all. Yeah, dude is old, but he looks pretty damn good compared to other dudes his age. Hasn't he been vegan or vegetarian for years now? I'm sure that helps. Plus he comes off as one charming, charismatic dude. Is he greasy/creepy to you because of the Lewinsky scandal?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    bassie said:

Many of the women I know feel this way.....yet he has always had a big female base.....is he that good looking or do women just like creepy dudes?

• Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

Many of the women I know feel this way.....yet he has always had a big female base.....is he that good looking or do women just like creepy dudes?

He had a larger female base relative to other Dems?

He's not good looking to me in the least and the whole Monica thing is neither here nor there to me; he just got caught.
    I guess he has one of the highest approval ratings, if not the highest, but he is still a war monger to me - but, admittedly, that's my own personal shit.
    Speaking in more gut reaction generalities, the best way I can explain it is he comes across as used car salesman/gameshow host that all the golf course staff roll their eyes at after he's had a few too many. No matter what I think of Obama's politics, I can say the guy is a class act....Clinton, not so much.

Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

Different women like different things, I can only speak for myself.

???Pimpin' does not have to be a bloodsport. It can be an honest enterprise.???

???The most important question is, what kind of country do you want to live in? If you want a you???re-on-your-own, winner-take-all society, you should support the Republican ticket. If you want a country of shared prosperity and shared responsibility ??? a we???re-all-in-this-together society ??? you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.???

"A Bitch without Instruction is gonna be headed for Self-Destruction!"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wigga, please.

b/w

Thank you, bassie.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

Different women like different things, I can only speak for myself.

Popular misconception. Actually, all women like and think the exact same things. From what I understand, that consists mostly of Sex and the City, shoes, and pleasing men.

And oh yea, that he inspires these kinds of sentiments:

batmon said:

???Pimpin' does not have to be a bloodsport. It can be an honest enterprise.???

???The most important question is, what kind of country do you want to live in? If you want a you???re-on-your-own, winner-take-all society, you should support the Republican ticket. If you want a country of shared prosperity and shared responsibility ??? a we???re-all-in-this-together society ??? you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.???

"A Bitch without Instruction is gonna be headed for Self-Destruction!"

Did he mention how he was awarded the presidency for his particpation in the Iran Contra scandal while he was governor of Arkansas?

Yeah, he probably left that out.

And did almost all the people surrounding him as he walked into the building die mysteriously as he was holding court?

lol

• bassie said:
    He's not good looking to me in the least and the whole Monica thing is neither here nor there to me; he just got caught.
    I guess he has one of the highest approval ratings, if not the highest, but he is still a war monger to me - but, admittedly, that's more of my own personal shit.
    Speaking in more gut reaction generalities, the best way I can explain it is he comes across as used car salesman/gameshow host that all the golf course staff roll their eyes at after he's had a few too many. No matter what I think of Obama's politics, I can say the guy is a class act....Clinton, not so much.

I would've probably agreed back in the day when he was bigger and had the bulbish alcoholic-like nose and rosy cheeks, but these days I think he comes across as sincere and well-respected. I don't really follow politics though (i.e. I barely give a youknowwhat) so I'm not basing it off of his prior decisions or political moves. Also, of all the golf course working dudes that I know/have known over the years, they've all rolled their eyes after ANY rich, powerful dude gets drunk in their presence. They're all either "better than you" or "just one of you."

And as far as Lewinsky goes, I'da blapped.

My skin crawled at the "good sense to marry Michelle" bit and I would put money down that beneath all the cameras and diplomacy, so did the First Lady's.

• Herm said:
    bulbish alcoholic-like nose and rosy cheeks.

Spoke too soon. Guess he still has those!

Probably unavoidable for old white dudes.

• bassie said:
    My skin crawled at the "good sense to marry Michelle" bit and I would put money down that beneath all the cameras and diplomacy, so did the First Lady's.

I think that was the first standing ovation of the speech, no? You suuuuuuure your dislike has absolutely nothing to do with the Lewinsky scandal??

• Rockadelic said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i don't think most Americans can even BEGIN to grasp how much the REST of the world liked big willy. it was like watching billy joel break up with christy brinkley. hindsight and all that i suppose.

b/w

Dude can make a speech

billy joel was america. and vice versa.

Oh brother. I am suuuuuuure.
    I would have no problem saying so if it did. I think it's a legitimate reason to not trust the guy, but it's not my reason.

You think getting a nod from a dude who diddled a gal with his cigar is seen as some sort of compliment by a woman like Michelle Obama?

And a standing ovation by a room full of people who have already drank the Kool Aid means what exactly?

• bassie said:
    Oh brother. I am suuuuuuure.
    I would have no problem saying so if it did. I think it's a legitimate reason to not trust the guy, but it's not my reason.

You think getting a nod from a dude who diddled a gal with his cigar is seen as some sort of compliment by a woman like Michelle Obama?

And a standing ovation by a room full of people who have already drank the Kool Aid means what exactly?

I'm with you on that last sentiment. These conventions are no more than spirit stick competitions. They should've had Clinton and Michelle speak at the RNC and have whoever the RNC's reps were speak at the DNC. Duct tape the entire crowds' moufs, no heckling allowed.

• Options
    Herm said:
    Herm said:
    bulbish alcoholic-like nose and rosy cheeks.

Spoke too soon. Guess he still has those!

Probably unavoidable for old white dudes.

Ban.

• vintageinfants said:
    Rockadelic said:
    vintageinfants said:

b/w

Dude can make a speech

billy joel was america. and vice versa.

Nah, Billy Joel is Long Island, John Cougar Mellencamp is America.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    women just like creepy dudes?

This has been my experience.

• Hmmm...let's see, a Rhodes scholar that was the leader of the free world for 8 years with the gift of witty and charming gab...and yall are wondering how dude attracts females?