Mods? (SS-r)

parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
I'm all for using the ignore function, and in fact I'm using it currently. But some of these trolls are dragging good strutters into vapid discussions about stupid shit, or starting threads about rape for fucksakes.

This place nearly went belly up earlier this year. The trolls were winning. Good posters stopped dropping in, or left altogether for Waxi, which declared this place dead.

Then there was a resurgence. Dudes reaffirmed their love for this place and started talking about music again. Skel dropped some insane grails, which led to more set sales from others. Soulstrut 100. Thes wins the "No Bell" prize, which leads to a beat off.

There has been some great energy and momentum that is quickly being tested by the likes of BearClaw, Anto99, and Stinkie.

Where are the mods to flush these turds down the toilet?

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    parallax said:

the likes of BearClaw, Anto99, and Stinkie.

There's a common denominator. They must be putting something in the water up there.

There's a deep respect and a lot of love for DOR, pcmr, Crabby and Bassie et al around the board, and rightly so.

The new contingent are going the wrong way about emulating their compatriots.

Having said that, the opportunity for occasional clon sessions are somewhat cathartic.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Bad crop of whead?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

ModernHatterz

• Options
    I actually did NOT start my thread on Carpenty (as a response to the Carpenters, as a response to Carol King) because of the fear...

The fear starting something new and giving. I hope this shows my consideration. Who wants to hear about homemade speaker cabinets, records shelves, and custom DJ tables anyway.

I also did not mention "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" in the Carol King thread because I thought some of you might be very sensitive. The song did not get much AirPlay due it's theme of domestic violence.

Anyway, you made a negative statement about me and I will let you know right now...that is not admirable. Actually, it is a form of mental domestic violence and I think you should stop or be banned.

Thank you.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    Actually, it is a form of mental domestic violence and I think you should stop or be banned.

Thank you.

stinkie said:
    funny. I was just listening to the nick & artie show and kamal from jerky boys was on. completely forgot about those guys. humor.
    as far as topics are concerned, I understand that the message board might be a little tender and words are like daggers, so I will stop the bloodshed immediately.
    from now on I will only start threads about sneakers, where to look for records in cities like Wichita, Melbourne, Sarasota, et., reissues, how to spot a fake reissue from a real one, overlooked bands like the persuasions & how I impressed my friends when I put their cd in the the car, rap videos and cute monkeys who steal your alcohol from you when your on vacation and taking a break from looking for records in exotic locations.

That Jerky Boy shit never gets old eh Stinkie!

When I saw you return I was really hoping you would post some vintage gold like your insights on Charlie Sheen and shit like this....you're one of the reasons I check here everyday....now that you're finally back, don't let me down.

stinkie said:

I know this may sound crazy, but... If this is the collector that I know, he is extremely wealthy and has multiple copies of 1st pressings. His record collection is just complete insanity.
    He even schooled me on some pressing variation stuff. He is very knowledgable about the intricacies of pressing variations. It's quite possible that it is scaring off sellers because he is -- A. extremely picky about condition, B. very serious about 1st pressings. I don't know all this stuff about him sending back re-issues. There may be some paranoia here. I've re-read this thread and it does sound like dude.
    I'm not going to take sides here, or completely vouch for the dude -- because I do not know the entire specifics of what happened and how all of these negative feedbacks over a short period of time were done by him. But like I said, based on my experience -- I've had many face-to-face dealings with dude and he is a very nice person who is a fanatic record collector. And yes, he has multiple copies of records that most collectors will probably never see in their entire lifetime.

stinkie said:
    I used to be on here under a different name, since around '04. Once the database was reset I never signed back on. I just lurk every now and then and read up on schitt.
    If this dude lives in the Marina, I know exactly who he is. If it is who I think it is, I've sold to him in person, he spent $$$$ with me and he brags about his ridiculous record collection. I'm pretty sure it's the same dude. He has MULTIPLE ebay accounts and even told me so. There are some accounts he uses that he doesn't pull this fraud shit with.
    I am in the L.A. area. If anyone wants to PM me for information or verify that this is that dude I would be interested to know. Because he seemed like a nice dude. Sellers: are his initials TM?
    I'm very intrigued about this.

• POSTING BY FREE ASSOCIATION = INTERNET 2.0

b/w

stinkie said:
    I am also connected with TT Fingers, Captain Spud, Roger Wilco, Fanny May & Uncle Albert!

What you know about TT Fingers?