Options

Carole King

edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Chick is teh chick, she has been in some gravey since teh age of 18 with, "Will You Love Me Tomorrow."

Srsly doe, her helper was Little Eva and she wrote songs for a bunch of 60's and 70's soul groups. Her album "Tapesry" topped the charts in '71 and stayed there for almost 7 years.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    Chick is teh chick, she has been in some gravey since teh age of 18 with, "Will You Love Me Tomorrow."

Srsly doe, her helper was Little Eva and she wrote songs for a bunch of 60's and 70's soul groups. Her album "Tapesry" topped the charts in '71 and stayed there for almost 7 years.

Dude are you a bot? Making Downtownrobbiebrown look like James.

• Srsly doe

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    RAJ said:
    BearClaw said:

go easy on the lad he is real
    he just sent me an ex condition copy of teh slurp 45 and all he wanted in return was postage and a ray charles lp
    go figure
    this is not a joke
    he might be a dupe though?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    also the lil eva connection is intriguing
    still pining for that funk acetate follow the wind

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    kala said:
    lil eva

SO UNDER-RATED

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    kala said:
    RAJ said:
    BearClaw said:

go easy on the lad he is real
    he just sent me an ex condition copy of teh slurp 45 and all he wanted in return was postage and a ray charles lp
    go figure
    this is not a joke
    he might be a dupe though?

:next_level:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    kala said:
    also the lil eva connection is intriguing
    still pining for that funk acetate follow the wind

Always liked little Eva, glad to hear that acetate.

Carole King is worth a discussion.
    But this talk of Tapesry is a travesy.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    chick is chick for sure. i mean, who's gonna front on this:

awesome lyrics.

and Tapestry is pretty much perfect, too. if it was on Elektra or something it would be a 300 bucks record.

• Options
    I like 'You've Got A Friend'

• Options
    I'm half way through the first side of, "Really Rosie."

And I copped the, "Writer" Lp today.

I couldn't make it through the first side of Really Rosie.

Carole King's voice is not very good.

Maurice Sendak is a fuckin genius.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    I couldn't make it through the first side of Really Rosie.

Oh come on!

Side One has "Pierre" who only says, I don't care. The song is a short story with a suitable moral. Ending with the children's classic Chicken soup with rice. Side two jams with "my simple humble neighborhood at #2 and then shreds with the awful truth vampire song...awesome.

I'm listening to Writer right now.

BTW, saying her voice ain't good is like saying you like Jim Morrison more than Van Morrison. Don't get your Morrison's twisted. Van is the man. But, I understand...people are different.

BTW2, I looked at your eBay page.

Thank you for looking at my page.

• Options
    You are welcome.

• Options
    Furthermore, for those who can't get with her folky voice and who don't do well with soul there is:

Eric Burdon & The Animals - Don't Bring Me Down

By Gerry Goffen and Carole King

• Options
    Copped Tapestry, Fantasty, Thoroughbred, and Simple Things Lps today. Also, the Jazzman 7" picture sleeve.

I will listen to them while I sort 45's.

• Options
    I can't see the picture there, please type to title.

Probably have not heard because I didn't have any of her records when I started this thread and have mentioned the ones as I have bought them.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I often get her face/voice-to-a-name association confused for a second if I think of the music of Carol Kaye, Clydie King or even Connie Francis.

• Options
    I know what you are saying and it is funny how one thing leads to another. I get mixed up by the Haymes, Hayman, Hymes, and Hyman last names and those that share the same last name, however, have different first names.

Not on dial-up. I did however just see a "touch the sky" or something like that and greatest hits of CK's I also saw the Helen Reddy album with the light pink cover picture...dunno if that is the same one but will cop soon.