Pioneer XDJ-AERO Wi-Fi system (Catnip for the Beckys?)

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Peeped the Estoy Con Estupido blahg' and saw this evil wizardry:

Pioneer has introduced a new, wireless DJ syste, the XDJ-AERO.

The Wi-Fi DJ system can wirelessly obtain music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. The XDJ-AERO enables users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via included DJ software. It can also create its own wireless access point when Wi-Fi isn???t available or not in range, further enabling connectivity to portable devices. Pioneer is offering a special mobile application with the XDJ-AERO that enables various smart devices to connect to the it via Wi-Fi. The XDJ-AERO will automatically identify up to four devices as sources for music playback. The system can also access audio tracks on a computer (PC) through the use of the included Pioneer rekordbox music management software.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Pioneer seems to be aiming for the home user, rather than the gigging DJ. Although the XDJ-AERO does seem like something you could bring to the club with you....

Does anyone worry that (if/when this technology becomes known/assumed by the mainstream folk) we might have really annoying requests?

"Bro...you've got wifi, right? Can I send you an mp3 of [enter-random-fuck-shit.mp3]" **spills drink on your decks**

/get_off_my_lawn_level_paranoia

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Does anyone worry that (if/when this technology becomes known/assumed by the mainstream folk) we might have really annoying requests?
    /get_off_my_lawn_level_paranoia

Pretty cool technology. I don't think it would warrant any more requests than DJs get now, especially those behind a laptop. Everyone assumes computer = access the the world. Even more important it means a charge for their iPhone.