Finds of June

LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
Unfortunately the bike wasn't included.

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Forget the bike, i want that og! Nice!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Quite a mixed bag:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

to all the german strutters, this is highly recommended. Ace Punk/Wave/NDW/Dub(!!!) album.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Unfortunately the bike wasn't included.

Great find man, I was well chuffed myself when I found one for ??3 in a charity shop!

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts

Nomadds decent garagey sound featuring 5 pretty decent original tracks plus several covers i.e. Lucille, Love potion No.9 & Roll Over Beethoven and was on it's way to the garbage man last Sunday before I nabbed it and even though it's beat on, it doesn't skip and has a new home.

Mayall, Cream, Flame were dolleur holleurs

^Mixed bag of low priced store finds, yard sales, and fleas.

45s are mostly flea market finds with the harmonics and wallace brothers coming from a shop.

so there is this one too.................

kind of tepid private press acid archives boner material.................

then upon closer inspection..................

a mummified gecko

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    The month has staretd off well.

An unusual mix of 45's from charities today:

The blue labelled 45 is the theme to Deep Throat.

Charity LP's. Not seen The Toys LP before.

Early 80's 12's. Only know a few of these. They were cheap so I took a punt on them hoping there might be a gem in there.

Rakim - Once Upon a Time, Biz Marke -Something for the People, The Beatnuts - Very Good my Friends (remixes and instrumentals)
    Cheryl Lynn - Got To be Real
    Lefturno - Out of Sight
    GQ - You're the One for Me
    Samson & Delilah - I Can Feel your Love Slipping Away
    The New Jersey Connection - Love Don't Come Easy

Janice McClain - Giving my Love
    Kreamicle - Hold On
    Chosen Three - Mr Turbulence
    Gayle Adams - I'm Warning You
    Colors - Am I Gonna be the One
    Candido - Dancin' and Prancin'

Dolos - Night so Right
    Shiek - Finders Keepers
    Intrigue - Fly Girl
    Lavias - Do you Wanna Dance
    A.B's - Deja Vu

This 45 was given away free by The News of the World. The packaging and attention to detail is amazing!

The A side on this is pretty dull but the B side is cool.

Oh and found this too.....

Chuffed!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Nothing much, sealed copy of JJ Jackson's "Dilema", The Best Of The Temprees and Tom Jones "Looking Out My Window" 45.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    first day back in SD, highlights (everything is up for grabs):

duble

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    all from In Your Ear this afternoon. I moved this past week (!!!) and dropped off like 8 boxes of LPs, crates of 45s, and around 200 CDs. went in today and grabbed a nice bit of cash split with a fat knot of credit I started working on immediately ... you would think I would be sworn off records a bit after moving 7000 of them by myself over the last 3 days, but nope.

Crayola is super-clean, Jacobs Creek is not at all but the good songs play well :lonerfolk:

3 non-LP Steve Young cuts plus a killer solo 45 from the H.P. Lovecraft dude.

have regretted trading the Stovall Sisters LP a few years back so it was sweet to get one of the best tracks on a clean 45. cheap too! Shaggy Boys has that baroque pop sound I love but I kept praying for a loud guitar solo to come in that never did. it would have been perfect.

:headbang: suburban MA private metal shredder from 84 :headbang:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

plus some areito and a platano verde

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    pcmr said:

plus some areito and a platano verde

Damn, I found a super clean copy of that Phantom's Divine Comedy today along with a sealed copy of Quicksilver, Tin House and other rock nuggets.

• hey pcmr, is that smoke record on mps a field find? if so, what do i need to do to pry it away from you?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    no and my cold dead fingers ;) it's a long time want

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The world of Frank, another month another Marijata.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    mylatency said:
    duble

That Sage LP from Oklahoma is very rare.

Rockadelic said:
    mylatency said:
    duble

That Sage LP from Oklahoma is very rare.

yeah, it's a got some killer tracks
    found it on my way home, nice way to end a day of digging!

• Reissue

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Just back from a four day trip to Holland taking in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven.

Had an amazing time, great cities, nice (ish!) weather, cool record stores (all the usual places visited) and awesome people (thanks to Taco, Erwin, Mike, Alex, Lex, Sjeff, etc!)

Here are the finds:

The first three pictures are all spares picked up for cheap:

Milton Nasciemento - Milton - Classic Brasillian funk!

Gijs Hendriks - Rockin' - Funky Dutch Jazz

Dave Pike Set - Live at the Philharmone - Funky German jazz
    (Sorry about the picture!)

When searching for the above link found this awesome piece of footage that I've never seen before!

Funk Inc - Super Funk - Does exactly what is says on the tin!

Art Farmer - Gentle Eyes - Classic sample on Soul sides!

Art Farmer & Orf Big Band - Talk to Me - Great big band funky jazz

Lisbeth List - Die Blaue Blume - Don't know if any of her multitudes of other LP's are any good but this one is great!

Charlie Mariano - Cascade - Dutch jazz fusion

Combo Ronny Buhre - Hello, Good Evening - Version of Deixe Que Diga

Eurovox Sound Library - Amamzing cover, couple of cool groovy tracks. If anyone could let me know some info on this label I'd appreciate it!

Fela - Black President - Afro!!

Cascada - Small label Dutch Latin Jazz

George Shearing - The Way We Are - Easy Euro funk Groove

The Segments of Time - ST - Great funk LP

Die Melon Men - Live im Studio - German funk!

Clyde Borly - Musique en 5 Dimensions - French experimental jazz lp

Charles Earland - Black Drops - Classic funky organ jazz

Ethiopian Modern Instrumental Hits - Various - Cheap comp of classic material

The Chosen Few - In Miami - Long time funk reggae want crossed off the list

Jimmy Smith - In a Plain Brown Wrapper - Funky Jazz

Eddy Mitchell - De Londres - The London side features Vic Flick, Big Jim, Reg Guest, Don Lusher, etc. It's got to be good right!

Chuck Chillout - Hip Hop on Wax 1 - The only hip hop buy of the trip!

Vaughn Mason and Crew - Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll - 80's funk!

Osibisa - Superfly TNT - Blaxpo soundtrack that had elluded me until now.

Foggy Dew-O - Born to Take the Highway - Folk!

Sky Saxon Blues Band - A Full Spoon of Seedy Blues - Just happened to be in the right place at the right time at Waterlooplein when this sealed original was put out for peanuts!

Adolfo Waitzman - Esta Noche Scala - Been tempted to buy this LP recently from a couple of Spanish sites and then it turns up for next to nothing in Amsterdam! I think the Scala was an upscale cabaret club in Barcelona like the Crazy Horse in Paris.

Original Cast LP - The Coach with the Six Insides - No idea what this is, came from the same stash as above. On ESP, comes with booklet in great cover!

Gramacks - La Vie Disco - Island Funk

Derek Smith & Venus - Don't Let Go - Not seen this Project 3 release before, groovy funky covers of classic tracks.

Mike Vax Big Band - Evil Eyes - Funky big band cover of the Vigs track.

The Savers - Love to Love - afro funk, hardly any info on this online.
    http://afrobeat-music.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/savers-love-to-love.html

The Magnetic Sounds - ST - Brazil psych funk covers

Feso Trombone - Freedom Train - Belgian Afro Jazz

The Stylers - ?? - Not sure if this band are Chinese or Malaysian? I've heard some cool surf guitar stuff from them, not sure if this LP is in the same vein?

L'JIV - An Elizabethan Songbook - Long time UK want!! I've only seen this LP twice before and always for mega bucks. Super happy to finally own this!

Aldemaro Romero - Onda Nueva - Another want crossed off the list. Groovy easy Brazil vocals from Venezuela!

Joop Hendiks Quartet - Dutch Jazz version of Weldon Irvine's Liberated Brother

Mary Lou Williams - Music for Peace - Did not know this LP until Lex told me to listen to it. Totally blew me away!! Beautiful!!

Eliana Pittman - Estrella e Lua Nova - My new favourite version of Summertime, listen hear at 5:28.

Ronald Mesquita - Bresil 72 - One of my all time favourite Brasil groove LP's. Time to let the reissue go!!

Mad Unity - Funky Tramway - Really tough to find Nilovic libarary lp packed with amazing tracks. Another crossed off the list!

Jimmy Takeuchi - Drums, Drums, Drums - There are loads of LP's by this guy with exactly the same title, most seem to contain at least one or two funky tracks.

Bettye Crutcher - Long as you Love Me - New one on me

Quintet Boy Raaijmakers - ST - Dutch jazz

Ramsey Lewis - Solid Ivory - Not had this one before, some great tracks as always with Ramsey.

Brano Hronec Sound - Hungarian (I think) artist with a couple of great funky tracks. Anyone have any info on this one?

King Floyd - Think About it - Classic R & B

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Some records from the last couple of weeks:

The JJ Band is heavy, and the Ian Carr is great: always fun finding a new record by a favorite artist.

found a original pair Adidas Alrround in unworn mint condition with the original box!

• leonleon 883 Posts
    finelikewine said:

found a original pair Adidas Alrround in unworn mint condition with the original box!

Nice find! Are they your size?

leon said:
    finelikewine said:

half a size to small, but I will probably wear them anyway, Size 44 / 9,5

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    leon said:
    finelikewine said:

Sweet!
    Be careful though, vintage sneakers can fall apart really fast.
    I'd imagine you could get at least a couple hundred for those, probably much more in that condition.

cpeetz said:
    finelikewine said:
    leon said:
    finelikewine said:

Sweet!
    Be careful though, vintage sneakers can fall apart really fast.
    I'd imagine you could get at least a couple hundred for those, probably much more in that condition.

:face_melt:

couldn't resist:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180908303479?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Local church finds, home delivery and trades

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Good shit on that Doris & Kelly! ^

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    dc record fair:

philly: