Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
Instant Classic

Love Jones meets 40 Year Old Virgin meets Boomerang meets Why Did I Get Married

I can only take so much of Steve Harvey after a while, but this flicked raised the game above Tyler Perrys Man hatting schtick.

Minimal Overt Black Buffoonery. There were two Perry references poking fun at dudes steez.
I think there was a conscious effort to avoid that style.

Megan Goode FTW

The music was well used Classic R&B joints. Never corny.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Is Kevin Hart the main focus or the comic relief? Can't tell by the commercials. I love that guy's comedy. Cracks me up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Is Kevin Hart the main focus or the comic relief? Can't tell by the commercials. I love that guy's comedy. Cracks me up.

Nah but hes the clown. Other dudes add to the game.
    The brother from 40 year old virgin and The cat from that White Mans Sex In The City adds on as well.

Its a ensemble joint. Men and women. Like Why did i get Married.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Does this mean you should sit down to pee?

Rockadelic said:
    Does this mean you should sit down to pee?

Haha...u got jokes today.

She should stand up to pee.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This dude was macking and suggested I check this book out. Needless to say it broke the deal quickfast once I started going through it.
    Book is on some serious bullshit - Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars backwards type crap. I guess the movie is easier to digest with some gorgeous people and good music to vaseline up the ugly.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Hated the book,enjoyed the film. Date night shit. The first half hour of the movie seemed like an expensive infomercial but overall i was impressed.

im not fuckin with the book but a friend was like "why u hattin? U aint even read it?"

Bitch u aint gonna get no man with that shit.

Im sure there are some entertaining elements to that shit.

bassie said:
    vaseline up the ugly.

Call me

I saw it comin, that's why I went solo

bassie said:
    I saw it comin, that's why I went solo

How was his mack game up until that point?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    batmon said:
    im not fuckin with the book but a friend was like "why u hattin? U aint even read it?"

I had at least 10 Madea lovers force the book on me. Steve is on some preacher pimp shit. Dude has a good hustle going

I don't kiss and tell.

edpowers said:
    batmon said:

I had at least 10 Madea lovers force the book on me. Steve is on some preacher pimp shit. Dude has a good hustle going

I used to listen to his morning radio show and hes been sprinkling the show with quotes and shit.
    Yeah hes got that middle class pimpin psuedo self help steez well packaged.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:

I saw this in the store a while back, and opened up to a random page whereupon dude was, you know, taking stock of his worth as a man and surveying his accomplishments. His short list included: house, kids, college tuition paid for up-front, and leather chairs.

I thought like a man and re-shelved it like a lady.

(I would like the name of his dentist, though. Dude's smile is immaculate like a pack of Chiclets. How can I be down?)