Music That Changes the World 4-LP Box Set?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
I don't even know what to make of this.
MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD is a deluxe, four-volume vinyl collection featuring 34 exclusive tracks by world-renowned artists such as Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, Donovan & Iggy Pop, Peter Gabriel, Moby, Maroon 5 and Ozomatli and several others. The collection also includes a previously unreleased bonus track from Sean Lennon's, "The Ghost of Saber Tooth Tiger" along with a download code for a bonus digital track from Julio Iglesias Jr.
MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET Track Listing:

Vol 1.0 A. 1. Peter Gabriel - Curtains 2. Ozomatli - Monster 3. Arrested Development - Let It Go 4. Slightly Stoopid w. Don Carlos - Wiseman, Live @ Black Water B. 1. Iggy Pop - Milk Cow Blues 2. Phil Soussan - Shot In The Dark 3. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Satori, live 4. Band From TV - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free

Vol 1.2 A. 1. Moby - The Poison Tree 2. Ben Lee - Food For The Moon 3. Alanis Morissette - 20/20 4. Heather Nova - Doubled Up B. 1. Amanda Palmer - In My Mind 2. Nancy Sinatra - End of the World 3. Tom Waits - Briar and The Rose 4. Au Revoir Simone - Boys Of Summer 5. Special Beat w. Pauline Black - Night Club

Vol 1.3 A. 1. Maroon 5 - The Air I Breathe 2. Pink Jaffee featuring Jakob Dylan w. Daryl Hannah - Wont You Stay 3. Emin - All I Need Tonight 4. The Waterboys - In The Beginning Was Love 5. Carmen Rizzo w. Grant-Lee Phillips - Bring the Mountain Down B. 1. The Charlatans - The Only One I Know (RMX_with Factory Floor) 2. Andy Summers featuring Geeta Novotny - Ave Maria 3. The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger - Formica

Vol. 1.4 A. 1. Dave Stewart - Man To Man 2. Ben Folds - Wild Mountain Thyme 3. Donovan - Listen 4. Mary Hopkin - Gold and Silver 5. Peter & Gordon - True Love Ways B. 1. Patricia Kaas Remix by Jourdan Bordes 2. Neon Trees - Animal, djs From Mars Remix 3. Salman Ahmad w. Valerie Geffner - Nachoon Gi.

It's a 4-LP deluxe box set. With a documentary. And a book. And a bonus digital download track from Julio Iglesias Jr.

And its kind of messing with my head right now. Who buys this? And who listens to it? I can't tell whether this is a ridiculous, self-indulgent clusterfuck, or some next-level shit.

Please to sort the nuances for me, Soulstrut. You're my only hope.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that's nauseatingly confusing
    there is also a george lopez vinyl release for RSD

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Really weird project indeed.

I think this could be an explanation:

The MUSIC THAT CHANGES THE WORLD, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION BOX SET boasts performances from 34 top musical artists spanning Pop, Latin, Electric, Rock, World, Indie, Hip-hop, and Classical who have come together to express their support for the foundation and its visionary director.

It's just all the artists that joined the project voluntarily. Seems like nobody was trying to give the thing some artistic direction. Everybody who said "I'm in" is on the compilation and that's it.
    I would have liked better, if this monstrous LP-Box had been the product of one persons really messed up taste in music.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It reads like one of those motorway petrol station 4 CD "Top hits of the __" compilations that are normally sitting there for ??4 at the till trying to entice a fatigued travelling salesman into purchasing as a break from the monotony of the radio.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    In my privatemindgarden, Lynch has way better taste in music.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It comes with a documentary film.
    I hope Bono is asked how each track changed the world.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Freedom Rock

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I gave up on Lynch when I read that NIN were going to be on the soundtrack to Lost Highway. What a shit band that was... if there's one thing I can't stand then it's idiot highschool alt pop in my movies.