My 10,000th Post (a thank you)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
Just had to get this out the way before I could start posting more nonsense over at the NBA thread....Slightly under the weather so mind is pretty cloudy but read on if you wish....

So I been on here for nearly a decade. From a 21 year old college student getting the first taste of the world of DJing (never did it) and record digging with my friend, hipping me to Jurassic 5 and then watching Scratch the documentary, to now a 30 year old with not TOO much changed (in a way). In terms of music and interests outside of work, I'd dabble in bullshit like basketball sneakers and fly fishing (my newest obsession), and even some of that electro-house bullshit that the kids seem to enjoy; but at the end of the day I find myself going back to hitting the record shows, local record store, and typing in "jazz funk" on Ebay at every opportunity I get like a lost junkie trying to make the best out of an empty dilapidated home or something. lol

And so my point is that I got this place and its peoples to thank for constantly engaging and keeping me interested in old good music. Not only that but it's provided me (at the expense of the generally goodwilled public) with a place to let out all kinds of funky emotions in a variety of topics. From records to relationships to workplace dilemnas back to records again. The place has really been amazing if you think about it.

Maybe it's age or maybe it's a family member getting a major illness last year; whatever the case may be, I have a much greater appreciation for what I have and what will become. This place gets its fair share of love no doubt. All the sweaty-palmed moments back in the day made it worth it! Thanks for letting a confused, contradicting soul such as myself stay here a bit.

RECORDS FOR LIFE.

-Yuichi

Just pulled out a couple memorable records from my "formative" years if you may....

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Yuichi,

I congratulate you on reaching 10,000 posts. I appreciate your presence here on Soul Strut, although sometimes you catch some shit over it. Nonetheless, as you stated, this community is about more than just records. For me, it's been a wonderful source of support through rough times, camaraderie, knowledge, and good times. When I came here nearly 9 years ago, I couldn't have imagined how much Soul Strut would become a part of my life. I have interacted with and met some amazing people on here, and I hope that continues in the future. The 'Strut has witnessed a great resurgence of sorts lately, and it's nice to see that. I hope you remain here, Yuichi. It's been a blast interacting with you all these years, though I might have to son you occasionally on the b-ball tip ;-) . Congratulations again, mane!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Post that gif I made of you punching yourself inside bigfoot's belly or your soft.

Can't access it from my phone.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I love it when dude is all touchy-feely for an extended period and then goes off on one and flames some poor unsuspecting character apropros of nothing.

Keep it up yuichibot

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Thanx for the Norman Conners

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    10K Club....congrats to the Kobe of SS

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Big Stacks, no doubt man. This place has been great. Just got done listening to "Royale with Beats" in the car.

Controller7, don't know where all that mess went. haha.

Skel, imho, what made this board gain steam half the time was because of blunt and often times offensive remarks. lol just wanted to display that in that other thread welcoming that new guy. it was a joke (for those unsuspecting and unknowing posters). gotcha!!

Batmon, you got it.

Rock, thanks! Many more posts to come....whether people like it or not. lol

skel said:
    I love it when dude is all touchy-feely for an extended period and then goes off on one and flames some poor unsuspecting character apropros of nothing.

Keep it up yuichibot

You see my "uncalled for" posts are purely reactionary.......so shut the fuck up bitch. Way to ruin the spirit of my post.

YES YES YES!
    Flamed by yuichi, perfect.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    skel said:
    YES YES YES!
    Flamed by yuichi, perfect.

HAHAHAHAHA. HE SAID "VINYL DISCUSSIONS". HAHAHAHA.

YOU'RE FUCKIN' LAME DUDE! i BET YOU sleep with your vinyls too! hahahhaaha.

I for one see no disconnect between the warm glow of Yuichi's 10,000th post ad the warm glow of his King Lewey post. Skel, what were you thinking, man?!

Akin to having a photo of yourself propping up the Leaning Tower of Pisa or soaking up the skyline from the top of the Empire State, getting flamed by yuichi must be on the tick-list of every tourist who passes through Soul Strut.

And we are all tourists if we're honest.

Lollers

You the train or the tunnel?

That's me in the background pushing pineapple and shaking a tree.

• here's to 20,000

Sucks that almost every goodwilled post I do seems to end like this. I guess I reap what I sow.

BIG UPS TO THE FEW THOUGH.

Don't catch feelings Yuichi.
    The board loves you dude.

Still loving a Pat Britt record you sent years ago.
    Peace!

skel said:
    Don't catch feelings Yuichi.
    The board loves you dude.

Still loving a Pat Britt record you sent years ago.
    Peace!

Dude, for the ones that actually know me (over a msg board), they
    know I'm all about feelings. LOL I tend to overreact....

Wow. Nice. I still look casually for a cheap copy, just for that one track....
    I think it was Wild Lily?.....So fuckin' ill.

Anyway, YOU SEEM LIKE A GOOD DUDE. haha. peace.