The Bravest Man In The Universe

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Not sure if the purists will approve of this new Bobby Womack joint, but I am most assuredly :feelin_it:

Comments

• Co-Produced by Damon Albarn, isn't it?

Sounds good to me, but I think it probably has a very short listening lifetime.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So I take it they're doing an I'm New Here on Ol' Bobby then?

I like it though would probably agree with Neil that its listening window is going to be short lived. Interested to hear what the full album sounds like though (and, fingers crossed, the Jamie XX remix version?)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Great vocal (c'mon, it's Bobby Womack), but for me this mix is a little cold for his style. My 2p.

I was listening to "Inherit The Wind" off of a Wilton Felder set this morning. A better setting I reckon.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Co-Produced by Damon Albarn, isn't it?

Sounds good to me, but I think it probably has a very short listening lifetime.

Yeah, and Richard Russell. Sounds as if he's taking that variation on the Rubin/Cash "American Recordings" approach that he used with GSH and giving it another twist with All-Bran's help. I don't think I've ever heard Bobby in quite such a stripped-back setting before. Enough variation sonically, and I could definitely wear an album's worth of this.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I could definitely wear an album's worth of this.

That would make you....

The Bravest Man In The Universe

Sorry. Couldn't resist it.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    i really like this, and mr. womack obviously sounds amazing, but i feel like the production tries a little too hard in some parts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    neil_something said:

I'm not too worried about that. I think this album is just an exercise in putting him back on the critical radar (where he hasn't really been since the mid-80s), before the altogether more commercial-sounding Santana-type effort is ready.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    By its title, I thought this thread was going to be about this guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html