Can Kanye really speak Chinese?

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
On an MTV documentary, the film crew followed Kanye to his mother's house in Chicago. His mother said she took Kanye to China when he was younger and he used to study Chinese. Kanye then said hello & goodbye in Mandarin or something. I think his mom is trippin'!!! I read an interview with Kanye and the interviewer brought up Europe. This foll Kanye asked if Germany was in the U.K.? Kanye had no idea where countries were in Europe! Kanye speaks Chinese? Hell no that fool can't speak Chinese! I'll bet Kanye some bongos and handclaps that he can't order dinner in a Chinese restaurant!

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    On an MTV documentary, the film crew followed Kanye to his mother's house in Chicago. His mother said she took Kanye to China when he was younger and he used to study Chinese. Kanye then said hello & goodbye in Mandarin or something. I think his mom is trippin'!!! I read an interview with Kanye and the interviewer brought up Europe. This foll Kanye asked if Germany was in the U.K.? Kanye had no idea where countries were in Europe! Kanye speaks Chinese? Hell no that fool can't speak Chinese! I'll bet Kanye some bongos and handclaps that he can't order dinner in a Chinese restaurant!
    Kanye speaks spedupsoulbongoneedsmorecowbellclapscurtismayfieldnonhomophobicdiamondwearingasr10mpc2000xlspeak

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Not many realize that the real reason that Kanye had his mouth wired shut had nothing to do with a car accident. It was in actuality the result of his trying to speak Chinese in Hong Kong and subsequently being beat down by a group of local thugs. Apparently, instead of asking where the local Polo outlet was, Kanye unintentionally had said, "the days of the pork fried rice and the chicken wings coming to my house by you is so hot right now."

By most accounts, it was here-now, gone-already battle-rapper Jin who made Kanye "learn Chinese." This linguistic instructional faux pas brought the wrath of the heir-apparent to the Prince/Stevie Wonder throne, causing Jin's career taking a premature bow. Reportedly, few are upset about this development.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Not many realize that the real reason that Kanye had his mouth wired shut had nothing to do with a car accident. It was in actuality the result of his trying to speak Chinese in Hong Kong and subsequently being beat down by a group of local thugs. Apparently, instead of asking where the local Polo outlet was, Kanye unintentionally had said, "the days of the pork fried rice and the chicken wings coming to my house by you is so hot right now."

By most accounts, it was here-now, gone-already battle-rapper Jin who made Kanye "learn Chinese." This linguistic instructional faux pas brought the wrath of the heir-apparent to the Prince/Stevie Wonder throne, causing Jin's career taking a premature bow. Reportedly, few are upset about this development.
    AH HA!

• profeignprofeign 145 Posts

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I don't know if he's conversant in Chinese BC - but his mom did spend a year abroad in Nanjing with Kanye when he was 10, as a visiting professor - she's the chair of the English department @ Chicago State...