y0 Is anyone using Qnext???

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Our Universal Instant Messenger keeps you connected to all popular IM???s, you can also Talk Online anywhere around the world for free, host a live Video Conference or Transfer Files of any size with complete security. But the closer you look, the better it gets. Qnext allows you to create private, shared environments called Zones where invite other users to securely share your content and online services. A Zone can contain exciting services such as File Sharing, Group Text Chat, Qnext Photo and Live Online Games. And this is just the beginning ??? Qnext will be offering many new services to enhance your online experience. We have also included a powerful remote access service that gives you fast, easy and secure access to your computer from anywhere in the world using QnextMyPC. http://www.qnext.com/Am I missing something tho? No spyware and it has all these features?You can use it for msn,aim,yahoo,etc and you got complete security.The zone thing sounds nice... Set up zones with people so you can stream and check out your friends files and not have to dl them to check them out. Something to think about for some peeps on here.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    With Qnext you can take a file of any size from your computer and drag it onto another user's name. This initiates a secure P2P file transfer. A file can be 1 MB or 10MB or your entire C drive!

Qnext puts an end to FTP sites and email attachment limitations and makes handling large file transfers incredibly easy.

Files are sent using a secure, encrypted P2P connection directly to the other user. Receiving a file requires the Qnext user to accept and initiate the transfer.

Without any servers in the way to slow you down - file transfers occur as fast as your Internet service connection and computer system will allow. And nobody can ever hack or intercept your file transfer.

You can transfer multiple file transfers or folder to online users.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I use Trillian

www.trillian.cc

pretty much the same thing... combines all of your instant message programs into one plus does the whole send to phone etc.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Yeah,

I've used Trillian for years. But I think this is soo much more.

You can set up zones where you can allow people access to your music and either dl or even stream it at different bitrates using it like kinda like a jukebox of ur files.

I'm waiting to get home and test out a few different things from this. Like the speed and security of file transfers.

If things are like they say, this could be a nice little proggie.

Plus, it's free. Eventhough I think they will be charging for things like the Remote Access service in the future.

Qnext is a secure P2P communications suite that offers universal instant messaging, video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), file transfer, file sharing, group text chat, online games, photo sharing, and remote PC access. IM networks Qnext can access include QNext, MSN, AIM, Yahoo, and ICQ. Qnext uses includes 512-bit user authentication and 192-bit encryption on all P2P data communications.

Qnext lets you share photos, files, and more in Zones that can be left open to all of QNext or to contact lists. This version introduces new games and streaming music zones, which lets you share music with your friends instead of with the entire Internet.