Has anyone copped this Rapp vinyl (Watch the Throne-Related)?

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Packaged in a gold embossed crossed shaped jacket. Two picture disc set (Jay-Z and Kanye West images) and a 24x24" poster. 2xLP $139.98.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm seriously considering it. It is gorgeous and as much as I didn't care for the record when it first came out, I do like it now.
    I listened to it on the plane (Thank You Air Canada!) both going to and coming from New York....and I finally understand the appeal.
    Actual music aside, living out the rampant and useless consumer nightmare, I might get it just to fawn over the art.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Seriously, that raised gold, embossed cover is dope. But don't know about the price tag though.

• Real gold or gold plated?

:balla:

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    The packaging is dope on the real. But from what I heard off the album I am not really feeling it. For me to drop money like that on one album the music would have to be nearly classic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like this album but 130 plus tax is some bullshit.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    file this under "future raer"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Surprised a lotta you guys like this record. I gave it like 5 listens, and never will again go back to it.

That shit is straight up garbage.

yuichi said:
    That shit is straight up garbage.

I just can't seem to get it right with this Kanye fool! Just as I come around to this what-should-I-wear-to-the-club-tonight OST, everyone is hating?
    If I can suggest - try listening to it on your next flight, it really works in a sealed environment with the ground getting farther and farther away...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't ever listen to it all the way through these days but songs from it occasionally pop up on the iphone and, give or take a few clunkers, I generally enjoy them on their own merits. I still think it's a lot better than what I expected from the leaks and there are some great tracks on there but as an album I find it strangely unsubstantial. It would take something extra special to rank up there alongside MBDTF in my private mindgarden anyway.

I do suspect it would sound great on vinyl though.

If I can suggest - try listening to it on your next flight, it really works in a sealed environment with the ground getting farther and farther away...

Dude, anything grandiose would sound good with the airplane departing from the runway......

I feel like this new Kanye/Jay-z collabo is in line with all the other candy rapp bullshit that's out there right now. I mean, who's on top of the rap world right now? lol Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, and D Wade/Jay-Z/Kanye love fest? HATE IT. Gimme some raps about guns and smoking weed.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I would like Batmon and Bassie to cop this vinyl just to see the gold shoes they would match with it.

yuichi said:

Dude, anything grandiose would sound good with the airplane departing from the runway......

I feel like this new Kanye/Jay-z collabo is in line with all the other candy rapp bullshit that's out there right now. I mean, who's on top of the rap world right now? lol Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, and D Wade/Jay-Z/Kanye love fest? HATE IT. Gimme some raps about guns and smoking weed.

Ross and Wayne rap about both these things a lot.

phongone said:
    I would like Batmon and Bassie to cop this vinyl just to see the gold shoes they would match with it.

lol!
    I already know which shoes I would match it with, but they're not my gold ones....I think it would be too much.

bassie said:
    yuichi said:

I should have included: From a gangster rapper

yuichi said:
    bassie said:
    yuichi said:

Jay-Z has done that schtick for too long to make him out to be Will Smith at this point.
    That stuff is one this record. Good Or Bad.
    But I guess u need that easily laid out for the listener Gangster Shit from 20 years ago.

Kayne is another story.

• batmon said:
    I like this album but 130 plus tax is some bullshit.

THIS

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    good to see yuichi stays yuichi'ing

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    there's an eurpean bootleg pressing as well...

http://www.discogs.com/Jay-Z-and-Kanye-West-Watch-The-Throne/release/3146866

i was just happy to get a 12" of Niggas in Paris/Otis, i think i'm good w/ that, don't need the whole LP...

yuichi said:
    bassie said:
    yuichi said:

I don't even know what this means, but aren't you from LA? Two of the best tapes from the last 12 months were put out by Schoolboy Q, who is from your town. Nevermind Aubs and Kanye, listen to this guy instead.