How do I Unload a Couple of Cars

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
I suppose I could Google it or Post it on Craigslist, but I thought maybe I could get a quick answer.

I have a couple of rides I need to get out of my drive way as I am moving in a couple of months.

One is a 2000 Audi A8 and the other is a 2001 Land Rover Disco. Both are running but the inspection is not up to date. I want to get these things off my insurance and unload these. The blue book is not much on both rides, but donating them to charity would get me like a G in tax credit. Is there some dude I could call to get these out of here for parts or some shit?

Thanks.

Comments

• plaese to post pics. i'd come down and pick them up myself.

• rick, you can call scrapyards and see what theyll offer you, but its usually pretty low. in my experience, having unloaded a couple clunkers, if you port on craigslist, youll get the general low scrap offer from a bunch of guys on there too. 1991 previa = 200 bucks 3 years ago.

• forgot to add...
    from my dilettante perspective, if youre not talking some in demand reuse parts, do what requires the least amount of effort. the cash differences isnt going to compensate for any effort on your part to bring it somewhere

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    If both are running I'd pay to have them both inspected (assuming they'll pass easily) then sell them on Craigslist. A clear title and current inspection will make them easier to sell. You might be able to make a little more cash that way rather than just get a tax deduction. Listing below KBB may help move them faster also. Worst case scenario is that you could have them hauled off and take the tax deduction. Our local NPR station will haul them off and provide the tax benefit paperwork to you. Maybe the same thing is available up there. That way it goes to a good cause and you get the tax write off.

• look in the classifieds. A lot of dudes will pick up cars from Junk Yards as long as you have the title.
    They'll give you more if theyre running but not as much as selling them yourself.

• I'm carless and I am in need of cheap transport. Are you selling or giving?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Holler at the Kidney Foundation or something like that--they'll come take your car away, and you get a nice tax write-off for your trouble.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Murdock said:
    I'm carless and I am in need of cheap transport. Are you selling or giving?

Max write off per car if you donate it is $500 each.

KBB on the Audi is around $3500
    KBB on the Land Rover is around $1800

Sooo??? trying to make more than just a G in tax write off.

Ideally I would be happy with 3 Gs for both?

• RAJ said:
    Murdock said:
    I'm carless and I am in need of cheap transport. Are you selling or giving?

Max write off per car if you donate it is $500 each.

KBB on the Audi is around $3500
    KBB on the Land Rover is around $1800

Sooo??? trying to make more than just a G in tax write off.

Ideally I would be happy with 3 Gs for both?

Would you do Cash and Records for one?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Neighborhood Elders, duh.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    You still got those cars RAJ? I'd be interested in the Land Rover...

I still have both. Unloading them will be a bigger priority now that it's starting to get warm.

Both need to be jumped as they have been stagnant for months on end???. I'll get back to you and the other people who have PM'd me with a further assessment.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    set sales on wack-a-dermy

batmon said:
    set sales on wack-a-dermy

Yes. I'd probably get more over there since I am an "Internet Celeb"

:cool:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I suppose I could Google it or Post it on Craigslist, but I thought maybe I could get a quick answer.

I have a couple of rides I need to get out of my drive way as I am moving in a couple of months.

One is a 2000 Audi A8 and the other is a 2001 Land Rover Disco. Both are running but the inspection is not up to date. I want to get these things off my insurance and unload these. The blue book is not much on both rides, but donating them to charity would get me like a G in tax credit. Is there some dude I could call to get these out of here for parts or some shit?

Thanks.

We have a program in Texas called "Write off the cars, not the kids" and you can donate your car to them, get a tax write-off AND they will come pick them up and do all the necessary paperwork. They then fix them up and give them to kids who are struggling to work and go to school. I've done it a few times. See if there is something similar where you are at....it's easy and worthwhile.

Oooops...nevermind....didn't see the tax disclaimer post above.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Frank said:
    You still got those cars RAJ? I'd be interested in the Land Rover...
    I'll take the Audi