HELP! CD pressing advice needed....

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Can anybody recommend a company that will manufacture 500-1000 CDs without requesting proof that the music on the CD is licensed? My local option is a stickler for proper documentation and--gasp!--this compilation is not going to be fully licensed due to my inability to locate OG artists or even learn who owns rights. I'm particularly interested in companies that have friendly prices and the capability to handle interesting packaging. Thanks!Dan

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Sure, you all have lots of advice when i'm asking about relationships, but I ask about CDs and all i get is silence? Not a good look, friends. For shame. Now i'm going to eat a durian.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What would Kanye West do?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Kick your ass!

Really, I don't know. I've never listened to Kanye West because I'm not so sure I know how to pronounce his name and I don't want to look silly in front of the kids.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Mr. Ross Hogg steered me toward ELS PRoductions, and I recently used said company for creation of my uber-snazzy new mix CD with DJ Platurn, Blendapella. They were super-easy to work with, good prices, made a nice product, and didn't ask any questions about the music. So I do recommend them.

• You might want to check www.depthcharge.com. I highly recommend these guys. Fast service and dope work. Just make sure you download their spec sheets and templates.

Hollur.

• dan-
    sent you a pm.

wow, depthcharge has an insane price (sans cover,shrink). those must be cd-'rs no? which doesn't really bother me if it's a mix or tour cd.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    A lot of places make you sign those forms saying that you own or have licensed all the songs on your cd, but they usually don't really check up on it. They just want the paperwork to protect themselves. That's just my personal experience, but of course I have heard the horror stories about cd manufacturers not completing a project when they realized that the cd had uncleared samples or unlicensed songs and ALSO would not refund the money paid for the project.

I've been using S&J CD Duplication and they've been very cool so far, but I don't know if there would be a problem if I did like a mix cd with a bunch of easily recognizable artists listed. I'd actually like to know a place that officially does not give a f**k myself.