new(ish) mainstream hip hop vinyl

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
went to Rock N Soul yesterday looking for those Greensleves dubstep 12"s and saw Camron and Vado's "Speaking in Tongues" on wax, which i bought... it suprised me (pleasantly) that someone bothered to press that on vinyl in 2011...

it seems like the majority of the new vinyl are bootleg Club Hits things, or bootleg "comps" of one artist... i almost bought "it's gucci time" by gucci mane, but decided, eh... what does interest me is that none of these records are on discogs and most don't have an "online presence", so i am wondering how many things i missed that i would like to have on vinyl (Rick Ross's Lex Lugar tracks, etc...)

the racks def weren't as dry as the last time i went there looking for that stuff... i know there are very few freaks like me out there (people who sometimes DJ new mainstream stuff, but don't have serato)... Party Rockers USA is on wax, if anyone wants to rock weddings n bar mitvahs on an 2011 oldies set in 20 years...

also, there is a vinyl pressing of Watch the Throne and it's tacky gold embossed and costs 119.99...

Comments