WTF is up with Utah?

BlowFlyBlowFly 89 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Now I'm all for kicking the crap out of hippies but this is scary.www.404audio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14814

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This sounds extremely fucked up. I've been teargassed on several occasions, but it's always been at demonstrations, never at a party. Assault rifles, choppers, combat gear, dogs ??? whoa! I am of course aware that the US police are known for brutality, but this sounds like some George Orwell type of deal.

The person who posted the thread mentions that Utah is one of the most conservative states in the US. I'm very interested in these matters. Of course I have a pretty good feel of the federal government's policy, but it's hard to get a first-hand impression of the more regional political climates from where I'm located (Denmark). I'd like to hear some opinions from US strutters on how you feel about how your own state is running things?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    That's really fucked up. Gets my blood boiling. I hope the ACLU eats them a new asshole.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Our new graemlin?

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

WOOOOOOLLLLLLVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This sounds extremely fucked up. I've been teargassed on several occasions, but it's always been at demonstrations, never at a party. Assault rifles, choppers, combat gear, dogs ??? whoa! I am of course aware that the US police are known for brutality, but this sounds like some George Orwell type of deal.

The person who posted the thread mentions that Utah is one of the most conservative states in the US. I'm very interested in these matters. Of course I have a pretty good feel of the federal government's policy, but it's hard to get a first-hand impression of the more regional political climates from where I'm located (Denmark). I'd like to hear some opinions from US strutters on how you feel about how your own state is running things?
    Just for the record, that was the Utah National Guard (US Army), not the police. What they did was obviously out of line. What I'm trying to figure out is who gave them the 'green light' to do this (or did they even get one). I hope those fuckers go to Leavenworth...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• what i want to know is if this party was infact licensed or not. If it was I have a source from the high ups that can get this to the ACLU or to some civil rights depts.

If anyone has any more info, hit me up over PM because this cannot go unheard.

what i want to know is if this party was infact licensed or not. If it was I have a source from the high ups that can get this to the ACLU or to some civil rights depts.

According to the article the party was legit and the ACLU is already involved. I'd be very interested in keeping up-to-date with this.

this cannot go unheard.
    For real..those idoits need to be court-martialed. Kicking a small woman who doesn't pose a threat=

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    what i want to know is if this party was infact licensed or not. If it was I have a source from the high ups that can get this to the ACLU or to some civil rights depts.

Sounds like the party was 100% legal, w/ security and insurance.

...from the post:

"The promoters already have 6 lawsuits ready to file with their lawyers and the ACLU is already involved."

I stand corrected..It was the SWAT team. Irregardless to that, those guys have to own up to that shit.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I didn't even know they still had raves like that... wow. but yeh fucked up on the police part, although one story did say they never got some sort of gathering permit needed for parties over 250 people. Something like that. Where's Vitamin, maybe he can explain this.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I stand corrected..It was the SWAT team. Irregardless to that, those guys have to own up to that shit.

Irregardless?

Irregardless?
    LOL. I think I just invented a new word.

• Irregardless?

nope... irregardless is a legit word.

Irregardless?

Irregardless?

just barely

...without without regard?

Irregardless?

just barely

English is a muthafucka. ATM machine=Automated Teller Machine machine .
    That shit kills me.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Irregardless?

Or so George W Bush would have you believe...

• Irregardless?

just barely

English is a muthafucka. ATM machine=Automated Teller Machine machine
    That shit kills me.

heh, like "inflammable".

From dictionary.com:

irregardless[/b]

adv : regardless; a combination of irrespective and regardless sometimes used humorously

[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

• Irregardless?

Or so Webster[/b] would have you believe...

Irregardless?

Or so Webster[/b] would have you believe...

yeah, read the definition...not a definition, just says that it's a nonformal or humorous usage of regardless. it just sounds stupid.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    blizzard of condemnation

My new favorite phrase.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    there's an amazing restaurant thats been here for decades called THE IRREGARDLESS CAFE... thats the only place i've seen it used...

• remember when they put "def" in the dictionary?

• I lived in Utah for a few years. Down the block from a big park where the hippy kids have drum jams on Sunday. One day I came home and saw a shitload of police blocking of the park. I thought they were having a police gathering and was like, "Damn, they can share the park can't they?" When I turned on the TV it turns out they were gassing and beating unarmed hippies. Serious. There was one shot of 3 riot cops whacking a girl off off a fountain with their billy clubs. All this and the chief of police on a horse riding around like he was Batista of Cuba.

Utah, don't miss it.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    There was one shot of 3 riot cops whacking off.