PRESEASON NFL ACTION

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
To legend and all B-More fans- I know it's just preseason football and all, but still... DID YOU SEE HOW BRIAN WESTBROOK PUT IT ON YA BOY RAY-RAY LAST NIGHT??? Oh my goodness. Fuck T.O., the Eagles better make Westbrook happy and give that dude his money. It's still early and it's kinda foolish to predict what's gonna happen based on these preseason games, but so far I'm liking what I see from Arizona, Detroit, maybe Cincinnatti and most definitely Minnesota. But if that assbrain T.O. decides to be a professional and play like he's capable of playing, and if we can stay healthy, I'm telling you now... the Eagles are gonna be hard to beat. T.O.'s antics and / or injuries, that's all I can see stopping Philly from finally taking it all this season. I gotta say, I love the NFL Network, you get to see EVERY preseason game... perfect for a football junkie like me.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic.../s002351D29.DTL

Niners Lineman Thomas Herrion Dies
    By EDDIE PELLS, AP Sports Writer

Sunday, August 21, 2005

(08-21) 00:32 PDT DENVER (AP) --

An offensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers collapsed in the locker room and died Sunday morning, shortly after the team played the Denver Broncos in a preseason game.

Players had finished listening to coach Mike Nolan address them in a post-game meeting when Thomas Herrion, a 6-foot-3, 310-pound first-year player, collapsed. Medics administered CPR on him and took him to an ambulance that rushed him to a nearby hospital.

About three hours later, 49ers spokesman Aaron Salkin confirmed that Herrion had died. The cause of death was not immediately known.

"This is a colossal tragedy for the 49ers and the entire NFL community," Salkin said. "We still do not know all the details. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Herrion family."

The death comes a little more than four years after offensive lineman Korey Stringer of the Minnesota Vikings died of heatstroke during a training camp practice on a day during which the heat index soared to 110.

Since Stringer's death, NFL teams have increased their efforts to teach players about hydration and how to manage the heat, experimenting with sensors to measure players' core body temperatures.

On Saturday night in Denver, temperatures were in the mid-60s with 50 percent humidity, although experts say heatstroke can occur even in cool conditions.

After the game, Nolan said he had no comments about San Francisco's 26-21 loss to the Broncos.

"There are more important things on our mind than the game," he said. "Right now, our thoughts and prayers are with Thomas Herrion."

Stringer's death was thought to be the first of its kind in the NFL. In 1979, St. Louis Cardinals tight end J.V. Cain died of a heart attack during training camp. Chuck Hughes, a wide receiver for the Detroit Lions, died of a heart attack Oct. 24, 1972, during a game in Detroit against the Chicago Bears.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    To legend and all B-More fans- I know it's just preseason football and all, but still... DID YOU SEE HOW BRIAN WESTBROOK PUT IT ON YA BOY RAY-RAY LAST NIGHT??? Oh my goodness. Fuck T.O., the Eagles better make Westbrook happy and give that dude his money.

It's still early and it's kinda foolish to predict what's gonna happen based on these preseason games, but so far I'm liking what I see from Arizona, Detroit, maybe Cincinnatti and most definitely Minnesota. But if that assbrain T.O. decides to be a professional and play like he's capable of playing, and if we can stay healthy, I'm telling you now... the Eagles are gonna be hard to beat. T.O.'s antics and / or injuries, that's all I can see stopping Philly from finally taking it all this season.
    I gotta say, I love the NFL Network, you get to see EVERY preseason game... perfect for a football junkie like me.

EAGLES all the way baby. Fan since 79'

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so far I'm liking what I see from Arizona, Detroit, maybe Cincinnatti and most definitely Minnesota

Every year we get dismissed in the minds of the masses, and then we just go ahead and take the whole thing:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I love the NFL Network, you get to see EVERY preseason game...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Oh, no disrespect to the champs... I was just mentioning some up and coming teams when I was talking about Arizona etc. Until somebody actually does it NE is still the team to beat. But it's gonna be hard for them to do it again after losing both coordinators. Especially in the AFC... too many good teams over there chomping at their heels. If they do somehow manage to win it again this season you gotta stop looking at them as one of the best teams ever and seriously start considering them as THE best team ever. I just can't see them doing it again, mane... sorry for the hatting.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    philly best to step up their special teams (judging from one half of pre-season football...just sayin).

nobody talks about the pats because there's nothing new to say about em. yeah you got a dynasty going. it'll be interesting to see what the genius and lil tom do w/o crennel and weis, but they'll probably win again.

talking about what could be arizona's first quality year ever (and first nfl game in mexico) and joey harrington's impending collapse is much more interesting.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hey Phill, I know you weren't hatting, I was just flexing a little.
    Hubris is hard to come by when a town/region is on a roll like we are
    with the Sox finally winning and the Pats steamrolling like they have...
    My only real point was that, at least for the last few years, even the
    TV dudes will kind of pass over the Pats when making their
    predictions, but in the end we are right there on top.
    Pats are pretty much due to lose, but I can never write off
    Belicheck...that dude just finds a way almost every time.

I'm just glad football is back, and I can spend my Sundays laid out
    on a recliner, with the remote, some chex mix, and a little green...

I'm just glad football is back, and I can spend my Sundays laid out
    on a recliner, with the remote, some chex mix, and a little green...

real talk

(but I need a tv first)

philly best to step up their special teams (judging from one half of pre-season football...just sayin).

You mean the Pittsburgh game? Aw, that was nothin'. They looked a lot better last night shutting down Baltimore's B.J. Sams. Regardless, against Pittsburgh the 1st team offense and defense looked good outside of a couple of bad plays. The subs made some nice plays too. Trust me, the Eagles are gonna be a PROBLEM this season... too much firepower on both sides of the ball.

talking about what could be arizona's first quality year ever (and first nfl game in mexico) and joey harrington's impending collapse is much more interesting.

Yeah... I believe in what Denny Green is doing in Arizona, he's got those hapless folls really believing they can be good (which is saying a lot for the Cardinals). New unis, a new stadium next year... yep, I'm buying stock in the Cards pho real.

Now, the Lions... they better pray that Harrington doesn't collapse (I think he's gonna come of age with all that talent around him this year, but wouldn't be shocked if he does bitch up as usual) because if they have to rely on Jeff Garcia to get them over the hump they are in serious trouble- dude really really sucks (). "If it looks like a rat and it smells like a rat, by golly..."

• Eagles are my team as well. Phil and the rest understand when I say this "THEY HAVE TO WIN THIS YEAR" if you're from here you'll understand..... they just have too..

I know other towns are into their teams, but shit is different here this year. E-A-G-L-E-S ...

p.s. Peace to da gods Lou Tilley and Eukee Washington

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    You mean the Pittsburgh game? Aw, that was nothin'. They looked a lot better last night shutting down Baltimore's B.J. Sams. Regardless, against Pittsburgh the 1st team offense and defense looked good outside of a couple of bad plays. The subs made some nice plays too. Trust me, the Eagles are gonna be a PROBLEM this season... too much firepower on both sides of the ball.

Ninja please.......

Willie Parker....who?..Wille Parker...who? WILLIE PARKER is the TRUTH!!!

Ninja please.......

Willie Parker....who?..Wille Parker...who? WILLIE PARKER is the TRUTH!!!

Oh, now the Pittsburgh people tryin' to come out the woodworks, right? Willie Parker who is right. You know what you saw on that tv screen last Monday night, nevermind the final score. Just like the B-More people know what they saw last night. WITHOUT T.O. and we still givin' folls headaches. You know what it's gonna be if and when that dickhead gets back out on the field... I ain't even concerned with the NFC, but all y'all AFC people better be ready to have problems in Detroit next February. I looked in my crystal ball and seen it like a 27 inch Zenith, believe it.

any damage to b-more is ok in my book. every year I get shook that boller will live up and the ravens will be f'real.

Now, the Lions... they better pray that Harrington doesn't collapse (I think he's gonna come of age with all that talent around him this year, but wouldn't be shocked if he does bitch up as usual) because if they have to rely on Jeff Garcia to get them over the hump they are in serious trouble- dude really really sucks (). "If it looks like a rat and it smells like a rat, by golly..."

at least garcia never pulled a mike piazza and held a press conference to reassure everyone he was straight. (can we get a piaza "pasue" graemlin?)

anyways harrington's a chump but garcia's good enough to make someting out of those wr's.

oh yeah and lil willie is , which is good considering it's backfield-by-comittee again this year.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

nobody talks about the pats because there's nothing new to say about em. yeah you got a dynasty going. it'll be interesting to see what the genius and lil tom do w/o teddy bruschi,ted johnson, and ty law[/b]

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    To legend and all B-More fans- I know it's just preseason football and all, but still... DID YOU SEE HOW BRIAN WESTBROOK PUT IT ON YA BOY RAY-RAY LAST NIGHT??? Oh my goodness. Fuck T.O., the Eagles better make Westbrook happy and give that dude his money.

hahahahaaaaaaaa...yeah....we got our azzez whooped the other night. we need a quarterback in the worst way. i'll give it to ya'll...this time...in preseason. did u see the bullshit call though? the ed reed to chris mccallister lateral that they called back?

and yeah...fuck T.O....dude is craving attention or something. the eagles should do to him what tampa bay did to keyshaun johnson a couple of years ago....and send him home for the season...withouht the possibility of being traded.

but.....i gotta let u see this....