My fave performance at SXSW.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    flyer is off the chain
    hatts off to those nyc designers

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Re: You lucky ass New York muhfuckaz...

You lucky ass San Francisco, Portland, Seattle Motherfuckers

(File Under: Best show, ever!)

Band: Who's ready to see another bicycle rodeo member set himself on fire and ride through this sheet of plate glass?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hey bam i read that albini was/is gonna be the monolougist for an assscat improv show at the new upright citizens brigade theatre in la. you lucky ass los angeles motherfuckaz

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    hey bam i read that albini was/is gonna be the monolougist for an assscat improv show at the new upright citizens brigade theatre in la. you lucky ass los angeles motherfuckaz

I wouldn't be surprised.

The live shows are for real. But the best part has to be the question and answer period, where you're likely to hear opinions on any number of topics; azimuth adjusting screw on tape machines, principles of acetate substrates, how they made their own amps, steroid use in baseball, hookers, distant cousins they'd like to fuck, Dolly Parton's guitar collection, poker tips, etc.

White college kids who came to "fuck shit up" don't know what to think when their rock legend asshole pushes his glasses up his nose (wearing a belt-as-guitar-strap) and screeches a lamenting love song to a mineral... And I quote:

Copper, let us take you

To a furnace where we'll break you

Fire's so big and pretty, you could cry.

As a buckle, you could ask me

"What was wrong with me before?"

"Did I need the silver to be suitable?"

Copper, I have a use for you

It's easy work and it suits you,

Dazzled dirty beauty, you must know

Copper is a conductor

And makes for decent cooking,

Dazzled by your beauty still, you know...

Plated or anodized,

You even fool a layman's eyes

Presentable though you might be

It's unwise to try to fight me

Copper - you'll never be gold.

The comes the "ballad", where all the music stops, and he sings acapella about "she knows her way around a cock", and everybody gets a little uncomfortable with the frank and open nature of the song. Sailors and "party HARD" are mentioned too many times in the chorus for it to be coincidental. Is this punk?

And, it is safe to say this band has the sexiest drummer in this galaxy. (And when I say sexy, I mean it in that, Ohmigod he looks so creepy - but wait until he speaks kind of way.) You really need to see him play to get the full understanding, though. ("Aren't drummers supposed to have more drums, and stuff?")

File under: 40 second fill using only the kick drum.

File under: The perfect "fuck face" mouth gestures.

And what does Chingo Bling have on 3 aging dudes with degrees in journalism, business, and electronic engineering?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    And what does Chingo Bling have on 3 aging dudes with degrees in journalism, business, and electronic engineering?

Herm on his side.