Star Wars Complete......

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

Anyone?

I already own a VHS set and a gang of DVDs. Plus i kinda dont care anymore.

A New Hope is kinda gritty in the first place - I dont feel like i need an upgrade.

What are the upgrades at this point after he done fucked it all up with the added CGI shit?

From the DVD to the BlueRay did Lucas and them tinker even more for this presentation or is it just the DVD versions cleaned the fuck up?

I dont think i need another making of and/or interview.

Please to not be on some lazy Jar Jar Binks Onion level joke steez.

Comments

• batmon said:
    From the DVD to the BlueRay did Lucas and them tinker even more for this presentation or is it just the DVD versions cleaned the fuck up?

more tinkering. biggest is Vader yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" as he throws kills the Emperor in Jedi (callback to Revenge of the Sith, which nobody actually wanted). There are a few other little things. I think I'm done buying Star Wars until the untouched original trilogy gets a decent release. This is strictly Netflix for me.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    List of blu-ray OT changes

darths nooooooooooooo

obi's new krayt dragon call

fuck it - im done. george has enough of my cash. im sticking to the dvds. make han shoot first and get rid of that godawful jabba in ANH - that i would applaud.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    chrisflyer said:
    batmon said:

more tinkering. biggest is Vader yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" as he throws kills the Emperor in Jedi (callback to Revenge of the Sith, which nobody actually wanted). There are a few other little things. I think I'm done buying Star Wars until the untouched original trilogy gets a decent release. This is strictly Netflix for me.

Was the "NOOOOOooooo" on the last DVD release? Or is it in autotune for the BR?

• Does it include the Star Wars Christmas special?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Alderaan now shoots first.

true story.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Okem said:

true story.

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURCH!

seriously?

• Can you even buy the OG unremixed versions of these anymore?

Laser disc raer?

Horseleech said:
    Can you even buy the OG unremixed versions of these anymore?

Laser disc raer?

VHS?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Can you even buy the OG unremixed versions of these anymore?

Laser disc raer?

I think the versions on the DVD:s I have are the originals. Not without "Episode 4" (Not THAT OG) but without stupid CGI shit sticking out like a sore thumb at least. So, not bothered with this. A good looking box, though.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    They released the OG theatrical editions along with the special editions in this tin DVD boxset a few years back.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Paul said:
    They released the OG theatrical editions along with the special editions in this tin DVD boxset a few years back.

Yeah, those are the ones I have, as separate DVD:s though. Euro only, probably.

Paul said:

Jeah i own this.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fuck Lucas. Such a hypocrite... While there were a couple of changes that didn't bother me. Most did.

At least Spielberg came to his senses.

http://www.slashfilm.com/steven-spielberg-regrets-altering-et-raiders-hit-bluray-original-forms/

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Anyone ever sell/trade toys?

I have ton of SW toys that I've been meaning to sell for years. Shit takes up way too much space and was worth more in '95.

I got Blue Snaggletooth for trade if anyone is interested.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Okem said:

true story.

This fucking rules.

And no, Lucas will not be getting any more of my money until he decides to release the original, untouched trilogy on some newfangled medium.

• Clearer,sharper and alot of the dvd changes make the backgrounds look more realistic. Mos eisley looked like a cardboard and sand fort in 77, in 97/04/11 releases it seems real. Overall the story doesnt change ,just blink when greedo shoots and han is still awesome.

• Mjukis said:
    Paul said:

Yeah, those are the ones I have, as separate DVD:s though. Euro only, probably.

These came out in the US, but they were shitty, non-anamorphic, non-remastered rips of the laserdiscs.

• Best way to watch Star Wars is on VHS, recorded off of early 1980's television in shitty, low-saturation color with commercial breaks intact. Special Edition belongs in the fucking toilet.

speakmumbles said:
    Clearer,sharper and alot of the dvd changes make the backgrounds look more realistic. Mos eisley looked like a cardboard and sand fort in 77, in 97/04/11 releases it seems real. Overall the story doesnt change ,just blink when greedo shoots and han is still awesome.

See I think the cardboard looking sets are part of the appeal.
    Why try and make some Sesame Street shit look like it was made in 2015?
    U can gloss up up only so much before it loses that man-made feel.

Off The Wall > Thriller

• I need to find this set at my parents house next time I visit.

• Batmon, did you go Star Wars night at Shea a few days ago?

:vomit:

• TheeeCasualMale said:
    Best way to watch Star Wars is on VHS, recorded off of early 1980's television in shitty, low-saturation color with commercial breaks intact. Special Edition belongs in the fucking toilet.
    ^this (minus the commercial breaks bit)

it was a sad day in my childhood when the vcr decided to chew up our star wars video.

• it was a sad day in my childhood when my dad decided to tape over the only camcorder footage of me and my sisters as kids with a niners playoff game.

Garcia_Vega said:
    Batmon, did you go Star Wars night at Shea a few days ago?

:vomit:

:oh_snap:

• Here's what they gave out at our Star Wars day this year:

http://sfist.com/2011/08/08/star_wars_day_at_att_park_will_free.php

I want a lifesize Gary Coleman Carbonite statue.

• if I ever cake ridiculous I'll commission one with my own likeness and put it in my foyer.

question

should Aanakin be mad tall since Darth Vader is like 7 feet or like 6'8"?

or did they add height when he got turned into a cyborg?

• rootlesscosmo said:
    if I ever cake ridiculous I'll commission one with my own likeness and put it in my foyer.

My friend Matt Quinn (NY based artist) created this one of a rather large friend of ours:

The piece was called "Captain Lou" and if you put on the headphones you'd hear, of course, Cyndi Lauper.