Call for vendors: Pgh Vinyl Convention debuts Saturday October 8th, 2011

jmallsjmalls 18 Posts
edited September 2011 in Announcements
Peace everyone,
I'm spreading the word about a new record show in Pittsburgh that I'm organizing/promoting. It's a collaboration between myself and Mind Cure Records, presented in association with VIA Music & New Media Festival 2011. I feel confident that this is going to be real worthwhile for people to travel for this to buy/sell. We're trying to confirm dealers ASAP, so let us know if there's any interest, questions, etc. Here goes the flier and the press release. Thanks, J

Pittsburgh's newest record show, the Pgh Vinyl Convention, debuts on Saturday October 8th, 2011 in conjunction with the second annual VIA Music and New Media Festival in East Liberty.

VIA is # 5 on Resident Advisor's top ten festivals list ??? its debut last year boasted over 2,000 attendees ??? and this year promises to be ... even bigger.

More information about the VIA Music and New Media Festival 2011 is available at:
http://www.via-pgh.com/
http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1406

The Pgh Vinyl Convention is at the same building as the VIA festival ??? 6022 Broad Street in East Liberty ??? but is in its own space with its own entrance at 162 Sheridan Street.

Details:
Pgh Vinyl Convention
Saturday October 8th, 2011 9 am - 5 pm
162 Sheridan Ave. (East Liberty)
entrance directly to the right of Domino's Pizza

early admission 9 am - 10 am, $10
general admission 10 am - 5 pm, $3

This is an ALL AGES event appropriate for the entire family.

Dealers will load in around the corner at 6022 Broad St. There's an elevator at this entrance. Parking for dealers is located around the corner across from the main entrance on Sheridan Ave.
- Load in for dealers starts at 8 am
- Table fee is $40 per table (at this time there is no limit on number of tables per dealer). A $20 down payment per table will be required with the total balance due the day of the convention.

This is a new record show and we're aware that it's coming together right under the wire, but there are perks:

In addition to the influx of people who will be traveling to Pittsburgh for VIA, there is also another record show, the Pittsburgh Record Fest, going on the same night (Saturday October 8th) at a nearby venue, Belvedere's in Lawrenceville. There is no fee to be a vendor at Pittsburgh Record Fest. These two shows falling on the same day offers unprecedented incentive for potential attendees and vendors to travel to Pittsburgh to buy/sell records. For more information about Pittsburgh Record Fest contact Jason Baldinger ([email=underwaterculprit@hotmail.com]underwaterculprit@hotmail.com[/email]) or Max Terasavro ([email=omnimax7@yahoo.com]omnimax7@yahoo.com[/email]).

For more information about The Pittsburgh Vinyl Convention, or to be a vendor contact us at: [email=pghvinylcon@gmail.com]pghvinylcon@gmail.com[/email]

Thank you for reading and supporting,
J. Malls (I DIG PGH) and Mike Seamans (Mind Cure Records)

www.facebook.com/PghVinylCon
http://twitter.com/PghVinylCon
www.mindcurerecords.wordpress.com
www.idigpgh.blogspot.com

Comments

• There's also a Steelers home game the following day vs Tennessee if you need more incentive to travel ;)

• Things are moving along pretty well here. Mike and I are now the proud owners of 38 8' tables. Trying to wrap up everything with vendors asap, so please get us contracts/deposits. Just confirmed Spanky Wilson will hang out with us 12-1 PM and meet fans, etc. The buzz is strong! Email us at: pghvinylcon@gmail.com with questions, etc. Thanks, J