Schoolhouse Funk 2: Raw Business

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm listening to this now. It's good, man.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is there a track listing?

• Like before, no artist credits, but the songs on the vinyl are:

Celebrate
    Get on the Good Foot
    White Man, Black Man
    Pain
    Carl Woods Experience
    The First Thing I Do
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
    Black Brothers
    Underground
    Time Cycle
    You Got It
    Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
    Gaza Strip
    plus a few interludes

All in all, a few wild covers, less stage-band jazz and more endearingly goofy shit including a few songs on race relations that sound like Vitamin if he were instead channeling the pain of the Black experience. Oh, and if he were Black, of course.

• I'm listening to this now. It's good, man.

You like it ? I wasn't really feeilng it. I thought the first one was much better. I guess i like a funk vibe more than psych. There were about 5 tracks on the first one that were

This one there is only one face

• I'm listening to this now. It's good, man.

You like it ? I wasn't really feeilng it. I thought the first one was much better. I guess i like a funk vibe more than psych. There were about 5 tracks on the first one that were

This one there is only one face

Hmmm, I don't hear any psych on there, aside from maybe the interracial duet or the psych-funk that stumbles into a Hendrix's "Machine Gun" (probably my favorite cut). It is noticeably whiter, though. Overall, I like the variety and the greater amount of vocal stuff.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    some really nice soulful moments on there... that vietnam sounding tune is really good...

mafrica: getting married next weekend so ive been wrapped up with shit. sorry i havent hollered at you... call me today or tomorrow if you get the chance.

• mafrica: getting married next weekend so ive been wrapped up with shit. sorry i havent hollered at you... call me today or tomorrow if you get the chance.

it's all gravy, mang. my heartiest congratulations to you and bev! you're a lucky dude.

i'm kinda tied up myself-- got a million things to do before i skip town tomorrow. let's get up in september, though.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

mafrica: getting married next weekend so ive been wrapped up with shit. sorry i havent hollered at you... call me today or tomorrow if you get the chance.

it's all gravy, mang. my heartiest congratulations to you and bev! you're a lucky dude.

i'm kinda tied up myself-- got a million things to do before i skip town tomorrow. let's get up in september, though.

september it is... oh and i finally got a copy of that fortune & brinson on interstate... i love that tune!

• that fortune & brinson on interstate

shhhhhhhhh!

fucking ....

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Like before, no artist credits, but the songs on the vinyl are:

Celebrate
    Get on the Good Foot
    White Man, Black Man
    Pain [/b]
    Carl Woods Experience
    The First Thing I Do
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
    Black Brothers
    Underground
    Time Cycle
    You Got It
    Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
    Gaza Strip
    plus a few interludes

I'm guessing this is another T. Scott High School track? Really dig the break at the end.

• Pain [/b]

I'm guessing this is another T. Scott High School track? Really dig the break at the end.

I'm not even knowing my school band stuff like that, but, yeah, there is a break, so maybe. The only thing I recognized was something from a Locke High record.