Downtown S.F. Explosion!?!?!

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
"Blast reported at Post and Kearny in front of a store near the Crocker Galleria shopping center. BayCityNews"y'all okay?-M

Comments

• yeah just heard about this too. urryone ok?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The TV news is saying it was a transformer underground that blew up. One person might have been injured.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    So there's no deaths or serious injuries, right. I hope for the best.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I saw it on Drudge Report and freaked for a second. I expected the worse. Hope all is okay now. I immediately thought someone had blown up the BART.

• I saw it on Drudge Report and freaked for a second. I expected the worse. Hope all is okay now. I immediately thought someone had blown up the BART.

The news is interviewing an eyewitness (named James Brown) who's describing a 30 foot-wide fireball that suddenly appeared near the Crocker Galleria. Several people had to run through it and escaped injury. One woman was seriously injured by the fireball.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    CNN.com says it was a tornado and it's in Wisconsin. I hope everyone is ok where ever you are.

I think SF had an underground utilitie explosion a few years ago also. Does that sound right?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I work a few blocks from the Crocker Galleria, and I had no idea this had happened. I even walked by, within a block, on my way to work this morning...

I can't get onto the Chronicle website to read about it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I work a few blocks from the Crocker Galleria, and I had no idea this had happened. I even walked by, within a block, on my way to work this morning...

I can't get onto the Chronicle website to read about it.

Didn't make the top of the hour headlines on NPR.