Sheet, my uncle is on popsike!

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
When I was younger all I knew was that he had some band projects and that we shared an appreciation for Level 42 and he took me to some World/Jazz/Fusion shows. No idea he was on a major label. Families.... I tell ya.

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Nice! Like the Simple headphone mind track... what instrument is he playing?

You have the record?

Coincidence, my uncle's late sixties/early seventies prog blues efforts can also be found on Popsike...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn that first one is good. Want it now. I'll holler at any spare you can rustle up from the fam.
    Vampire State Building! LOLers! See what they did there!!1!!
    Those crazy Chormans!

The cocained paranoiac slap bass 80s thing...not so much.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yeah, the first is the popsike monster, the last one was the last LP from 82 and def not a major label release. But it was in the 80s that I first got in contact with him after a longer period of the family not being in touch. And that was when he used to jam Level 42... so I can see where slap thing came from, and how he ended up in a Latin Fusion band, which up to now was all I thought he had done.

Just emailed with him a bit and apparently the first LP was recorded in 2 days at a studio near Bremen, the same one that Faust had just used for their debut, who they also jammed with. It's all one-take, 8 track tube style. Halfway through they were raided by armed police because locals had reported suspicious looking people resembling RAF terrorists.

I did not even try to source it and he told me he was down to his last copy, damn.... he must have been contacted a few times in the past. He's on keys and vocals (on other tracks) apparently. Only 22 at the time!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hit all the cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles you can find.
    There's an appetite to fill, and you are our Johnny on the spot.