possible question for german strutters...

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
ORF- Bigband records, Ive seen a few, only own one though which is cool,... but this release has to be one of their best at that price.... ????? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4757170079&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1any ORF info is appreciated.

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I've seen an austrian seller (he also has a record shop) drop some ORFs in the last 1-2 years, but none of them got above 50 EUROs, so I think there must perhaps be something about this record.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ORF Big Band - JOHANNES FEHRING AND THE CHICKS - rare, expensive, sought-after, dope, fantastic, "holy grail"... in one word: MODERN SOULISH (where's the holy grail graemlin?)

It's on a label called Preiser. I don't know the one being sold on eBay, but it might be ORF'S first LP. Should be nice... on a tiny label, maybe never officially released? Or is that the Belgian AKM label? There's a Belgian AKM library series, right?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    BTW, ORF is Austrian. An abbreviation for ??sterreichischer Rundfunk, which means Austrian Broadcast. Knowledge being dropped...

• ORF- Bigband records, Ive seen a few, only own one though which is cool,... but this release has to be one of their best at that price.... ????? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4757170079&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

any ORF info is appreciated.

does anyone else think it's funny someone paid 418 for a big band record ?

i've had one of those orf records and it had some hot breaks but the big band quality killed it for me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

does anyone else think it's funny someone paid 418 for a record ?

Yes, that shit's hilarious.

• does anyone else think it's funny someone paid 418 for a big band record ?

i've had one of those orf records and it had some hot breaks but the big band quality killed it for me.

There used to be a big collectors demand for Big Band stuff!

You can put the ORF albums in the same line as library stuff with a much greater possibility of getting some GOOD to SUPERB music form ORF albums compared to the library mixtures!

Unfortunately a lot of average-dealers are aware now and it??s demanding some time to find something under 50 EUROs

Greetings
    Seb

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yeah, ORF has some hot ish! Not the usual big band sound.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

does anyone else think it's funny someone paid 418 for a big band record ?

There used to be a big collectors demand for Big Band stuff!

You can put the ORF albums in the same line as library stuff with a much greater possibility of getting some GOOD to SUPERB music form ORF albums compared to the library mixtures!

Unfortunately a lot of average-dealers are aware now and it??s demanding some time to find something under 50 EUROs

Greetings
    Seb

Personally, I'm very fond of big band records. If it's a good band, the power of the big horn section combined with a tight rhythm section is immense.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    theres some real nice big-band joints out there.... ........