SUPER BAD (vintage K-Tel TV commercial-related)

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    outta sight chi-lites.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Mek_Jagger said:
    outta sight chi-lites.

ha!
    thanks for sharing this
    so ineteresting to see a commercial for a such a common record

• pcmr said:
    so ineteresting to see a commercial for a such a common record

that was the k-tel business model: selling schlock records and products on tv

i think they jacked the cover design concept from this one which is not quite as common:

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

i think they jacked the cover design concept from this one which is not quite as common:

Who released this, when did it come out, and what's on it? Never heard of this one before.

Although putting the two covers side by side, I'm not saying K-Tel DIDN'T hijack the cover design. But some concepts are just inevitable and in the air.

• pickwick33 said:
    Who released this, when did it come out, and what's on it? Never heard of this one before.

erly 70's canadian comp of the best frank motley, jack hardin, king herbert and other tracks on marathon. goes for a bit north of a bill and all these years searching for records in this country i've never come across a copy of it. if anyone wants to trade me their copy, holleur at me.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=300430593732

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    pickwick33 said:

I like how badly it's edited in the beginning when you see the second of hesitation before he get's started.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I like the fact that the spokesman in that ad looks like Isaac Hayes, dead on the money. Not an accident, I'd bet.