what's up with this record

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• don't have it but thats a sweet cover...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Not sure, I think AP has that in his wax poetics article. No hijack, but whats up with The 4th Movement "totally"lp? Anybody heard that one, it looks ill.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I have it. I don't remember being blown away - unspectacular fusion - but I may have missed something. Anyone want it for $98!?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I think AP has that in his wax poetics article.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I have it. I don't remember being blown away - unspectacular fusion - but I may have missed something. Anyone want it for $98!?
    Yes. Marcofunk.

• A friend of mine down here found a second copy and generously kicked it my way. He's known for finding ridiculous things. Like a minty "liberated brother", things like that just do not turn up here. (multiple ACID finding bastid.... I mean j*** if you're reading these boards, I know I owe ya!)

Anyhow, it's early jazz fusion. I enjoy it a lot, but I also enjoy a lot of other albums that other people consider "unspectacular".

• Voms72Voms72 18 Posts
    Yeah this lp didn't really grab me, kind of 70???s jazz fusion I believe from Austria or Switzerland. Nice cover, prob tickles someone the right way, who knows?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    I believe from Austria or Switzerland.

chicago, illinois.
    to be seen on my next lp list. heh.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that streetdancer isnt that good, and not worth $100. i think the last one went for like $30-$50? i forget. but who here got THIS heat?

• I remember someone sending me a clip of this record.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3F6X9LEJXX3Y92BYV0E22UAUUV

Same record? I don't think it's worth $100, but it's nice.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    I remember someone sending me a clip of this record.

yeah, that's it.
    in fact, i made that actual clip you posted for the last copy i sold.
    unfortunately, i didn't get $370 like this guy.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    The main cut on there for me is 'Directions'. Funky fusion with rather chunky drums.

I've seen this record go for much more than $100 though I wouldn't rate it as highly as that, personally.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

A quartet playing progressive jazz, with a fender sound on the piano and bass, lots of changes in the music, rhythm is off beat, does have soulfulness and some funk undercurrent to it also... I like this joint, but its not a killer, I havent heard their other releases but this is their first and Im quessing their best...!

• A quartet playing progressive jazz, with a fender sound on the piano and bass, lots of changes in the music, rhythm is off beat, does have soulfulness and some funk undercurrent to it also... I like this joint, but its not a killer, I havent heard their other releases but this is their first and Im quessing their best...!

Please don't buy any of their other albums. Seriously.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    but who here got THIS heat?

I have it. Very dope record. I sold the 90's reissue on Ebay 2 years ago and it went for $67 (see popsike). I can just imagine what the OG would go for (not for sale tho... not yet, anyway).

• but who here got THIS heat?

I have it. Very dope record. I sold the 90's reissue on Ebay 2 years ago and it went for $67 (see popsike). I can just imagine what the OG would go for (not for sale tho... not yet, anyway).

just curious how do you find a mexican funk record in philly ?!

• I remember someone sending me a clip of this record.

thanks l*u*e*

i think it's pretty dope. i wouldn't pay 99 for it but I might pay like 30-40.

anyone got a copy they want to sell for 30 ?

chris ? i know you got like 6 sealed copies in your stash.

• but who here got THIS heat?

But don't take my word for it... ask Cut Chemist!
    good sales tactic, name drop cut chemist and the shit goes crazy