Good 320kbps Dj Mixes Out There?

DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Most of the online mixes available are at 129kbps but that's good for headphones - anybody know a reliable source for high quality (musically as format) Funk/soul/jazz/breaks/... Dj mixes?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Soundcloud. I mean, look at the length of the show, click download. If it's a one hour show, and it looks like it's going to be a 115-125mb download, it probably would be 320kbps. Otherwise, it's kind of a crap shoot if bit rate isn't listed.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Daptunes said:
    Most of the online mixes available are at 129kbps but that's good for headphones - anybody know a reliable source for high quality (musically as format) Funk/soul/jazz/breaks/... Dj mixes?

Have you downloaded any from the mixes section on here? Jake One's Inner Soul and mixes by Big Stacks and Soulman have pretty good sound quality that I downloaded. I couldn't tell you if they are 320kbps or not though. Plenty of what you might be interested in are on all the mixes I mentioned. Good luck.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    [shameless_plug]

All of my DJ mixes are at 320 kbps... and are good

Forty Fivan Mixes

[/shameless_plug]

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Www.pl70.net -> radio or download. All masters for and at 320.

• DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
    [shameless_plug]

Forty Fivan Mixes

[/shameless_plug]

downloading all right now!

• DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
    [shameless_plug]

Forty Fivan Mixes

[/shameless_plug]

welllll......they all turn out to be 128/192kbps where I live...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i bounce all of my mixes in either 320 or 250 these days
    there is a blue note mix here
    http://www.mixcrate.com/mix/42852/dL-Blue-Note-Mix-by-dL (250kbs, but run through a nice preamp)
    90 minute Mo Wax Mix by dL by Decades mixes
    MoWax mix (320kbs)

I have a bunch of others on my mixcrate page if you want any bounced out at 320 just let me know
    peace dL

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    [shameless_plug]

Forty Fivan Mixes

[/shameless_plug]

your mixes have been getting heaps of play in my office over the past few weeks, thanks!

welllll......they all turn out to be 128/192kbps where I live...

Say whuttt?! That shouldn't be right... almost positive I upload everything at 320. It's my web server so I have full control. I'll double check when I get home from work. Thanks for checking them out regardless.

[shameless_plug]

Forty Fivan Mixes

[/shameless_plug]

your mixes have been getting heaps of play in my office over the past few weeks, thanks!

Cool man... that's great to hear! Happy to provide the office vibes

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    AFREAKA! is just insanity from start to finish.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Daptunes,

All of my mixes under an hour in length here on Soul Strut are uploaded at 320kbs. So, only "Grown Folks Music-Revisited" and "Bong Shit" are uploaded at 128 (roughly 64 minutes each), while the other 4 are at 320.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak