Sidebar (spelunk/noz/Odub related)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
I've been meaning to post about these for awhile

Great interviews by our own mannybolone on his amazing blog soul-sides.com

the most recent interview features the one NOZ
http://soul-sides.com/2011/07/sidebar-11-noz-of-cocaine-blunts/

My favorites have been, caverndiscos/spelunk, mattew africa/mongo_slade and the one with the menahan street band founder but they are all good and speak to the digging audience

check em out streaming or dload the podcast

Comments

• pcmr said:
    I've been meaning to post about these for awhile

Great interviews by our own mannybolone on his amazing blog soul-sides.com

the most recent interview features the one NOZ
    http://soul-sides.com/2011/07/sidebar-11-noz-of-cocaine-blunts/

My favorites have been, caverndiscos/spelunk, mattew africa/mongo_slade and the one with the menahan street band founder but they are all good and speak to the digging audience

check em out streaming or dload the podcast

Thanks for posting this. I've been listening to them back to back and it seems like dudes selling off their collections is kind of an ongoing theme. Everyone who has done this (Michael Barnes, Matthew Africa, Spelunk) and talks about it sounds so much wiser (and calmer) about the collecting side of records. Like that feeling of "I gotta have that" has waned a little. Maybe selling the stash is a Rite of Passage for collectros? I sold my collection about ten years ago and now I'm pretty much right back where I started.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    transcription plz

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just a coincidence really; it's not like I'm seeking out people who've sold their collection as interview fodder. I mad a mental list of folks I thought would make for a good interview and as it happens, Matthew and Brendan ended up being taped back to back, with Michael Barnes a few weeks later but since then, it hasn't cropped up as a major topic since.

I have an interview with B+ ready to go; that was a real solid one, especially since I had no idea how much of his photograph work has been influenced by both urban studies and arts theorists. After that, I got Dan Charnas on tap, talking about summer rap anthems. And I still need to get Dante down to talk about the Stone Coal While comp.

@PCMR: Thanks for the love, dude!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    can't wait for the B+
    for all the info i've taken from your blog about older music
    it's great how many new releases you've put me onto and these interviews provide interesting insight on what's going on now

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    ah man, I've listened to all of them too. Great stuff.
    I liked the Breneck, matt africa, and captain planet ones the most
    the captain planet one outside was great

• Peeped these back in May. The dudes!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Plus odub was on ATC/NPR last night.