please don't use fuggin thin european mailers

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Because...IMG height="240" width="280" SRC="http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/theo.jpg">....there is a reason a "box" is the preferred mode for shipping, well, everything. If you fold cardboard into a box, it gives it strength and makes it more difficult to bend. Versus two pieces of flimsy cardboard with the grain in the same direction, which folds like a taco. Also not cool: Oily, used pizza boxes with - This aint dominos. my mailman delivers mail, not pizzas. they don't fit in anybodys mailbox and the record rattles around for that split-on-all-seams look. Folded priority mailers - no origami plaese. For a $50 record you can spend $.50 on a mailer. Manilla envelopes - I'm amazed it got here in one piece. In a box the size of a microwave, with 10 cubic feet of styrofoam peanuts - It's funny, but please just don't.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saying!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    saying!

isn't there a euro equivalent to bags unlimited?

hey A: a pizza box?! that's new one.. did it at least have a slice inside?

• hey A: a pizza box?! that's new one.. did it at least have a slice inside?

The seller generously included some encrusted cheese. nass tee.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Folded priority mailers - no origami plaese. For a $50 record you can spend $.50 on a mailer.

Where can I get mailers for $.50 without buying 1000 at a time?

People keep talking about the dangers of folded priority mailers, but I've sent hundreds of records that way without a single complaint. Ever. Not a single broken or warped record out of hundreds.

*Edited to say that I do not send expensive records in priority mailers. Records over $25 get shipped in nice mailers with cardboard spacers.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Where can I get mailers for $.50 without buying 1000 at a time?

Brasspack is the best I've found. 100 at .60 @. They ship same day usually and make bagsunlimited look like a bunch of slackers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-LP-Record-Album-Shipping-Bookfold-Mailers-Boxes_W0QQitemZ5607623313QQcategoryZ19278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

People keep talking about the dangers of folded priority mailers, but I've sent hundreds of records that way without a single complaint. Ever. Not a single broken or warped record out of hundreds.

You are the origami master I guess... most people just fold them in two and leave em flat

• my favorite are the dudes who wrap up the records in all kinds of tape and stuff. takes you about 10 minutes to get it out.

that's happend recently also some dude wrapped up the records in about 10 rolls of cellophane!

dave

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    one time i got some records sent to me in another records sleeve. dude split all the seems, put the records inside, then taped the seems back up.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    one time i got some records sent to me in another records sleeve. dude split all the seems, put the records inside, then taped the seems back up.

wait, are you saying they used a record sleeve as a mailer???

if so, that would be

• People keep talking about the dangers of folded priority mailers, but I've sent hundreds of records that way without a single complaint. Ever. Not a single broken or warped record out of hundreds.

*Edited to say that I do not send expensive records in priority mailers. Records over $25 get shipped in nice mailers with cardboard spacers.

I've received hundreds of these and the warpage factor is like 60%... at least...

not to mention tears on the jacket from being stuck to the adhesive, of course seam splits, etc.

A lot of people don't complain about warped recrds. I do. If you're serious about selling records you need to invest in quality supplies. Nothing says "I care about the sale" like actually investing some time and (shock) money in your product.

Any time I get priority mailers from someone I get freaked. I just received a Barbara & Ernie and it was in a Priority Mailer... luckily, it arrived just fine... now I gotta wait for the rest of the stuff I bought from dude... and hope...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

wait, are you saying they used a record sleeve as a mailer???

if so, that would be
    yes, that was what i was sayin

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Folded priority mailers - no origami plaese. For a $50 record you can spend $.50 on a mailer.

Man I used to get stuff from Sandbox just tossed in a priority mailer box and stuff was always getting warped. This was crazy unprofessional from a place that was catering to DJ's. On of the many reasons I stopped buying from them. I don't mind people useing the flatened ones as long as they tape them in a way that keeps them flat.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Man I used to get stuff from Sandbox just tossed in a priority mailer box and stuff was always getting warped. This was crazy unprofessional from a place that was catering to DJ's. On of the many reasons I stopped buying from them.
    I was just going through some of my records the other day and noticed that a lot of stuff that I got from sandboxautomatic was warped. I mean probably half of the shit I bought from their was warped.

• On the plus side sometimes people pull it together.

I got a record from one of these joints where you drop your stuff off and they list it on ebay for you. It was terribly packaged... I forget the details. Anyhow I nicely suggested some alternatives. They say thank you.

Next time I got something from them it was in a mailer with lots of padding. I probably spent an extra $100 with them because they turned their act around.

PS: I also got a $50 copy of steve reid's "nova" through them, listed VG, arrived and the wax was stone mint so you might say it came back to me.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Man I used to get stuff from Sandbox just tossed in a priority mailer box and stuff was always getting warped. This was crazy unprofessional from a place that was catering to DJ's. On of the many reasons I stopped buying from them.
    I was just going through some of my records the other day and noticed that a lot of stuff that I got from sandboxautomatic was warped. I mean probably half of the shit I bought from their was warped.

Yea, same here. the percentage of warped stuff was just not professional. Plus, I knew I'd have little luck taking it up with them.

Something for all you sellers to remember. Lots of people won't complain, they will just take their business elswhere.