Advice on doing "a mix"?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Well, it won't actually be "mixed", so I guess it's a ghetto comp of sorts. Anyhow, I'm trying to do one for the CD swap & am having trouble cause I've never done this kinda thang before. I know all of you have made like infinity of these, so helpful advice would be ap-pre-shitted.Should I have a theme? Like, at first, I thought of using all xian records/songs. But then I thought no, I should not limit myself.And then, I thought, "must use only unknown raers!" - cause If my person has even heard of a track I use then I have not made a good one, right? Then, I thought, "no, that is stupid."I think I'm overthinking the whole thing. Maybe that is my problem... Why must every aspect of my life resemble some lame Woody Allen-esque inner conflict?I don't even like Woody Allen. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i think the idea is laying out tracks that you are feeling, whether its popular, raer or whatever is besdie the point, just lace that disc with THE HOT SHIT

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Just make sure to put "Rock Me Greek" on there. BEYOND POKORA!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What is your idea of "the hot shit" is like droning insect noises & the sound of chainsaws?

haha! oh shit, I forgot to make you a disc of that.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    What is your idea of "the hot shit" is like droning insect noises & the sound of chainsaws?

thats the beauty of it!

thats the beauty of it!

excellent!

I already have a slick name: "Rusty Kuntz Summer Yams"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

thats the beauty of it!

excellent!

It's all right (but don't forget again!). I'll trade you a mix CD with Dave Porter on there as well as some other hot tracks.

It's all right (but don't forget again!). I'll trade you a mix CD with Dave Porter on there as well as some other hot tracks.

PHAT!!!

I'll send you wahtever I end up doing. And, if I do not include "rock me Greek" on it, I will add it special to yer copy.

PHAT!!!

I'll send you wahtever I end up doing. And, if I do not include "rock me Greek" on it, I will add it special to yer copy.
    RADD. PM your address again.

• What is your idea of "the hot shit" is like droning insect noises & the sound of chainsaws?

Then you have Rape_Donkeys as your cd swap buddy

Then you have Rape_Donkeys as your cd swap buddy

hahahahaha!!!

I knew I had more in common with my sworn enemy than a love of the irreverent.

• that sounds of the amphibian world is some next shit

that sounds of the amphibian world is some next shit

• excellent!

i'd like to pre-order 100 copies

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I need that card! For chrissakes, I live in MN!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Advice on doing "a mix"?

I say keep switching the style up, but dont make the mix totally 100% alien to everything your fellow strutter brethren know.

Theres nothing like a mix where you have no idea whats coming next, but you know it'll be some quality shit, yaoming.

Also, suspense and contrast are two sureshot bomb styles in mixes if used in the right places.

In short, music should never stand still.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

How bout a mix cd of crippled midget records? Sent yr rackord out this morning man.

How bout a mix cd of crippled midget records? Sent yr rackord out this morning man.

RADDDD!!!!